Speak something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak something!

OK i have no idea why this started happening but if i create an event manually run with speak 'hello' for example... When i run it 99% of the time it picks random speak text from other events and speaks that instead!

What's happening

This morning when wake up scene ran instead of the attached speak 'good morning' i got 'it is now sunset scene will run' bit the scene doesn't run just the speech! Driving me crazy... All the speech is corrupt?

Comment

fixed it... i noticed it was only ONE speaker client doing it! very odd... all the other clients spoke the correct phrase apart from one which went random!

Comment

100% there is a BUG with speech emulation on HomeSeer when sending tts to ios or android clients.

The phrases are all in a muddle never reads the correct one!

Yet pointing HomeSeer to a dedicated windows speaker it reads correctly 100% of the time!

Please could someone else confirm this issue as it is driving me crazy here constantly shouting out COMPLETELY unrelated tts yet running the correct event!

Comment

My Ubuntu install will occasionally do this as well. A reboot of homeseer will fix it. Curious, do you have the homeseer version of the DSC plugin? That seems to be causing other problems with TTS on my system.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

I just had the same thing happen this morning. I have a morning script to speak weather and if things are broken. Before it and after it, it ran my speak scripts to say all the windows are closed, about 20 times, which shouldn't have been said at all.

Interesting you mention the DSC plugin. I use the envisalink version, but did add 5 door sensors to the alarm yesterday.

This has never happened before and considered it a random issue, but now I will keep an eye out for it. I only have one speak client that routes to my russound unit.

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
              My Ubuntu install will occasionally do this as well. A reboot of homeseer will fix it. Curious, do you have the homeseer version of the DSC plugin? That seems to be causing other problems with TTS on my system.
              Sorry no DSC plugin but i do have a few approximately 6 or 7... i have boiled it down to the speaker emulation as all my pc (genuine speaker clients) work as they should but anything emulated falls over.

And rebooting HS3 does not help me!

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                Your ubuntu install of speaker client? or server?

Comment

As far as I know there is no speaker client for Linux. There is a HSTouch client for linux but when you send it TTS it crashes. So I really don't know how anyone can be using TTS without a windows computer being involved.
                  Attached Files
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Working...
                  X