• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help confirming event logic

I have the following event:

IF Alert 1 changes and becomes On
    AND IF Alert 1 has been Off for at least 5m, 0s

What I want, is that this event triggers when Alert 1 has been off for at least 5 minutes and turns on. Is the correct logic?

A note about Alert 1, it is turned on to indicate a weather warning. However, the routine that updates it when weather warnings are updated switches it off briefly and then back on. So I don't want events firing every time that happens, only when it has been off for a while and then turns on.

Thanks

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    I have the following event:

IF Alert 1 changes and becomes On
    AND IF Alert 1 has been Off for at least 5m, 0s

What I want, is that this event triggers when Alert 1 has been off for at least 5 minutes and turns on. Is the correct logic?

A note about Alert 1, it is turned on to indicate a weather warning. However, the routine that updates it when weather warnings are updated switches it off briefly and then back on. So I don't want events firing every time that happens, only when it has been off for a while and then turns on.

Thanks
    That won't work because when the trigger is true the condition will not be true. The Event will never run. You will have to use a timer such as

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1190488

You do not have to stop and reset the timer in the On event as the Off event will reset and start the timer (Start will restart the timer as opposed to Resume which will start the timer without resetting), I just like to do housekeeping in my events. Add your actions at the bottom of the On event.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X