Showing decimal precision (even for .0) for devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing decimal precision (even for .0) for devices

I have a custom vb.net app which reads values out of my PLC and will insert them into HomeSeer through the JSON calls. The virtual device has status text setup as a range from 0 to 150 with 1 decimal place. If the value is 69.72342, it shows 69.7. Great! But if the value is 69.0, it will only show up as 69. It drives me nuts. Is there any way to fix this show the decimal precision is always shown?

Actually, it looks like when I use the JSON call to send a value of "69.0", HomeSeer truncates it because the virtual device shows the value of 69 in the advanced tab. Another JSON bug, it appears.

Originally posted by phuz View Post
    I have a custom vb.net app which reads values out of my PLC and will insert them into HomeSeer through the JSON calls. The virtual device has status text setup as a range from 0 to 150 with 1 decimal place. If the value is 69.72342, it shows 69.7. Great! But if the value is 69.0, it will only show up as 69. It drives me nuts. Is there any way to fix this show the decimal precision is always shown?

Actually, it looks like when I use the JSON call to send a value of "69.0", HomeSeer truncates it because the virtual device shows the value of 69 in the advanced tab. Another JSON bug, it appears.
    Whether or not there is a JSON bug as well I don't know, but HS3 doesn't show the decimal place when it is a zero. I have temperature sensors set to show 1 decimal place and it always truncates it to an integer if it is #.0. I submitted a bugzilla about this months, if not years ago, but got no response.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
      Whether or not there is a JSON bug as well I don't know, but HS3 doesn't show the decimal place when it is a zero. I have temperature sensors set to show 1 decimal place and it always truncates it to an integer if it is #.0. I submitted a bugzilla about this months, if not years ago, but got no response.

Steve
      What is the bugzilla number so I can jump on it?

Comment

All bugzilla submissions are private unfortunately preventing this. Your only option is to submit a new one.
        Steve

Comment

I submitted a bug report, too.

Report #921 from 2013 actually shows this same error and they claim it was fixed. So maybe it was working at one point and broke again.

Comment

Working...
          X