Failed to reach node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to reach node

I searched the board and have not found a solution that has worked.

I have one Cooper RF9540 and as of yesterday it's status is unknown. I tried:

Test Connectivity - results: "Failed to reach node 7"
    Optimize - results: "Optimization not executed, cannot reach node."
    Audit This Node - results: "HomeSeer was NOT able to send a frame to the node."
    HomeSeer attempted two-way communication with the node to test routing and was NOT successful - method used: MFG Information"

I have had this issue in the past with a Homeseer switch which I resolved by resetting the power to the circuit. Tried it with this switch, did not fix it.

What should I try next?

Thanks,

Jim

Can you confirm that the switch has power by testing with a multi-meter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would try optimizing the nodes around it. If that does not work, it may have lost its config and you may need to reinclude it.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
        Can you confirm that the switch has power by testing with a multi-meter

The switch works manually as I can control the lights by pressing it on/off. Assume that it has power.

Comment

If you don't have too many events tied to it, you could try an exclude/include

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            I would try optimizing the nodes around it. If that does not work, it may have lost its config and you may need to reinclude it.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
            If you don't have too many events tied to it, you could try an exclude/include

I tried optimizing a switch in the same box. Before optimizing the bad node, #7 was listed as neighbor. After the optimizing, it no longer was a neighbor. Tried on another switch, same result.

The only option now is to exclude and then include?

I have maybe 10 events with the switch as part of an event. I will document the events and try it.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

If you have performed a reset on the device with no effect my suspicion is that you have a Zwave interface on the device. The exclude/include would be a the only thing left to do before calling it failed. Do you have another device you can replace it with?

Comment

If you have performed a reset on the device with no effect my suspicion is that you have a Zwave interface on the device. The exclude/include would be a the only thing left to do before calling it failed. Do you have another device you can replace it with?

Yes and no. I have the same exact switch in the kids rooms. I just don't have a switch to replace one of them.

I will try the exclude/include (hint as to how to do that?).

If that does not work I will order a HS-WD100+ to replace one of the kids switches.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Figured out how to exclude and include. The switch will not include when I try to add node. Must have gone bad. I will order a HS-WD100+ to replace a kids switch and then use the Cooper that will be removed to replace the bad one.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Jim

Comment

glad you got it worked out. I took some screenshots in case others have the same question.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X