Update Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Info

I know this is probably asked a lot but I cannot find it anywhere. I have a plug-in in the 'manage' plug-ins that shows an update to a new level. I cannot find this update listed anywhere and I would like to know what it is for.

Where do you go that lists the latest updates and what has been changed? I am seeing an update to ultralighting3 but I don't see this update listed on the authors page. thanks

There is no standard place or indeed assurance that one is out there, IMHO one should be enforced or indeed an API function so that everyone had to return some data on release changes but that's my thoughts. There is a release info field under the plugin name in the updater however this is often used as a plugin description rather than anything else.

If you can't find it on Ultra's forum listings then I think you probably are going to have to ask him.

Comment

Definitely a common complaint, and one of my pet peeves. Typically, each version of a plug-in will include a list of what is included in each update. But. . .you have to install the update to get access to the latest version of the list to see if you want/need the update!

The good news is that at least most plug-in authors do provide info about what's changed.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I thought I was just to new at this to search in the right place. What is the correct way to ask the author? thanks

Comment

You can try asking on the forum for the plug-in, but you are likely to be directed to the help file for the plug-in - which will only tell you about the versions up to the one you have. Sort of a Catch-22.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I see what you mean. Thanks for the reply. I wish they would have this info somewhere that is up to date. You mentioned you have to install the update first in order to see the list of changes. I never saw any way to see a list, it just downloaded and installed and that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
              I never saw any way to see a list, it just downloaded and installed and that was it.
              If they are there, it will usually be as part of the help file for the plug-in. I don't promise that all plug-ins have a list of update features.
              (I may have been a bit generous in my estimate of the proportion of plug-ins that supply that info. )

Comment

Working...
              X