Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I trigger a device rescan via an event ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikee123
    replied
    For me it turned out that most of my problems were caused by a too busy network. Too frequent power reporting, polling etc made the network unreliable and sometimes unresponsive. I also had a faulty node (device was working fine, but turned out to flood the network). After turning off polling, reducing power reporting, replacing the faulty node. my network is stable and reliable again. So I would check all these things, it could be that you have similar issues rather than a buggy meter.
    But I have very occasionally a power meter plug which gets stuck and stops reporting. Taking it out of the socket and plugging it back in normally solves that issue. But this is very infrequent for me.

Leave a comment:

• NotYetRated
    replied
    Bumping this old thread as I would like to do the same thing for the same situation, a buggy electric meter.... Unless someone can suggest a non buggy one?

Leave a comment:

• Daveyboy
    replied
    Hmmm, I wonder if there's a URL format that could be used to trigger this and/or similar commands and then that would be called from a script/event.

e.g.
    http://ip/deviceutility?ref=152&command=rescan

I can't find any list of command line commands on the net, but the GUI does use a similar format.

Anyone else used a command line to trigger Homeseer commands ?

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    No, I think the answer is its not possible. I occasionally have to rescan or power cycle, sometimes even exclude and re include. I learnt to live with it...

Leave a comment:

• Daveyboy
    replied
    Hey Mike - almost two years later, I've got a similar scenario that would benefit from an automatic way of Rescanning a device, via an event. Did you find a workaround mate ?

D

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    started a topic Can I trigger a device rescan via an event ?

Can I trigger a device rescan via an event ?

I would like to trigger a device rescan via an event or a script.
    My Aeon Labs energy meter gets stuck every few days... this causes havoc in my system which gets unresponsive. I think to much gets stuck in the Zwave queue and blocks everything. Power cycling the device doesn't work. Rescanning sometimes does. I can create an event which checks if the power has not changed in a while, then trigger a rescan (if that's possible)
Working...
X