Error since upgrading to .318

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've started getting this error on start-up since upgrading to .318. Anyone know what it could be?

Code:
    5/1/2017 7:05:43 PM ~!~ERROR~!~System.IO.FileNotFoundException:
    Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\updater.txt'.
    File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\updater.txt'
    	at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    	at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)   
    	at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)   
    	at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)   
    	at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)   
    	at System.IO.File.ReadAllText(String path)   at HSPI_SCREPOSITORY.PluginStore.GenerateUpdater()
    P.S. I tried to format it better as opposed to just 1 long string.

Me too

I was just agbout to post this:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\updater.txt'. File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\updater.txt' at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost) at System.IO.File.ReadAllText(String path) at HSPI_SCREPOSITORY.PluginStore.GenerateUpdater()

Looks almost the same as yours. Any ideas guys??

Comment

Seems interesting, I was under the impression that releases 3.0.0.312 and greater were configured to delete the updated.txt file after use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
        Seems interesting, I was under the impression that releases 3.0.0.312 and greater were configured to delete the updated.txt file after use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        It is no longer there. This error is probably because one of the plug-ins is looking for updater.txt. Since it is no longer in the root directory of HomeSeer, any thing looking for it will generate the error. Plug-ins can be disabled one at a time and HS restarted to find out which one is causing it.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          It is no longer there. This error is probably because one of the plug-ins is looking for updater.txt. Since it is no longer in the root directory of HomeSeer, any thing looking for it will generate the error. Plug-ins can be disabled one at a time and HS restarted to find out which one is causing it.
          Randy, you are brilliant! I never thought of that. On my machine it turned out to be a plugin called "Smarter Control" and frankly now i can't even remember what it is for. I can't even find it in the installer. Guess I'll just turn it off and see if anything quits working!

Thanks so much for the suggestion.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jonjonbear View Post
            Randy, you are brilliant! I never thought of that. On my machine it turned out to be a plugin called "Smarter Control" and frankly now i can't even remember what it is for. I can't even find it in the installer. Guess I'll just turn it off and see if anything quits working!

Thanks so much for the suggestion.

John
            Its from a plugin dev that didn't want to pay the 30% fee for having HS sell his plugins. So he created his own repository and I guess was hijacking the updater file to add in his own product updates.

I also have this installed and now this makes complete sense.

Comment

Working...
            X