Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Updater not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updater not working.

Getting this:

Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.

Nothing I do seems to fix. What's up with this?

thanks

Updater not working.

If you are running on Linux check your mono version. When I had this problem I just moved to HS3 for Linux version 3.0.0.312. HS moved the update components to SSL encrypted traffic. Versions of mono that are pre 3.8 do not come pre-packaged with SSL root trusts, and your HS3 application cannot establish the encrypted connection because it does not trust the certs that it is being given.

I built my own RPI system and then loaded mono, a few other packages, and HS3 for Linux on top of it. I didn't know that RPI foundation's distribution for mono was statically held at 3.2.8.

There is instructions out there to install mozilla's pre-packages SSL trusts but I was not able to get this to work. I ended up pointing my system to mono-project's distrution of mono and upgrading to version 3.12.0 (I have a post out there where I enumerate the steps I took to point to mono-project.org and statically hold to mono version 3.12.0. Let me know if you can't find it.

Be aware if you move to mono 4.x from a 3.x environment your triggers and trigger fields will be missing in all of your events. You will end up having to rebuild your events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kerat; May 5th, 2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

what should or shouldn't it be?

looks like 4.2-2
      (Fedora 25)

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
        what should or shouldn't it be?

looks like 4.2-2

(Fedora 25)

Ok you are on 4.x which is good. You may need to pass the specific install command to add the mono SSL trust store. Let me look it up.

Last edited by Kerat; May 5th, 2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

So I run Raspbian which is based on Debian. the usage notes regarding CA certificates looks the same for both distributions on mono-project.com:

"The package ca-certificates-mono should be installed to get SSL certificates for HTTPS connections. Install this package if you run into trouble making HTTPS connections."

http://www.mono-project.com/docs/get...nd-derivatives

for me the command was:sudo apt-get install ca-certificates-mono

Comment

32-bit system right now. That MONO is only good for 64-bit.
            No go.

Turns out, this worked:
            mozroots --import --sync

the updates are now coming in.

thanks for helping point in the right direction

Comment

Interesting, that command didn't work for me. Glad you got it worked out.

Comment

Working...
              X