HS hanging on check for updates when HS launched with task scheduler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the process of moving my HS installation to a new system. I've set up a VM running Win 10 and installed HS3 onto it. When I launch HS manually by clicking on the desktop icon, it will start fine. I then set up a scheduled task to launch HS 1 minute after log on. If I run this task (by manually triggering it in task scheduler) HS3 will start to launch, and then the "checking for updates" screen comes up and the progress bar freezes shortly thereafter. Nothing happens from there on out.
    Any ideas why the update check will fail when HS is launched from task scheduler vs when it's launched from its icon?

This sounds like a permission issue to me. Have you checked your event log?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The task is set up to use the same credentials as the user that's currently logged in when I run from the icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
        Have you checked your event log?
        The homeseer log or one of the windows logs?

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
          This sounds like a permission issue to me. Have you checked your event log?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Ok, you made me look at it closer.

In the windows log, there was an notice that the task didn't run because the wrong user was logged in. And that pointed me back to check the task user credentials.

I was using the exact same user name, but from the wrong context. The task was using localmachine\homeseerUser when I was logged on with a domain account domain\homeseerUser. I changed the task to use the domain\homeseerUser account and it then began to work.

Thanks for making me double check it.

Comment

Working...
          X