Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Last Change not accurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Change not accurate

It looks like there is an issue with the Last Change field of serveral devices. I thinks it related to events using the device as i have seen it with a device which i never used before

Actual switch commands in log

Code:
    mei-09 14:52:04	 	Change	1e verdieping Douche Ventilatie changed from 255 to 0 (FC603F7E-025)
    mei-09 14:52:04	 	Z-Wave	Device: 1e verdieping Douche Ventilatie Set to 0
    mei-09 14:52:04	 	Device Control	Device: 1e verdieping Douche Ventilatie to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    mei-09 06:32:07	 	Change	1e verdieping Douche Ventilatie changed from 0 to 255 (FC603F7E-025)
    mei-09 06:32:07	 	Z-Wave	Device: 1e verdieping Douche Ventilatie Set to 255

For example i have a device for my Shower Ventilation which was working fine until 03-May-2017 (when i upgraded to 3.0.0.318)

I`m using this event

Code:
    IF   The event will automatically trigger every 15m, 0s
    AND IF 1e verdieping Douche Ventilatie has been On for at least 2h,45m,0s
    AND IF 1e verdieping Douche Douchelamp has been Off for at least 15m,0s
    Then Set Deviec 1e verdieping Douche Ventilatie to Off
    Then Send Email about it
    But the device status seems to be chaging every 5 minutes since the upgrade. Due to this fact my event is no longer working

The device is controlled at 07:00 AM but the status change tells me Today 14:55:54 and is now updates to Today 15:05:57 but the device values are not changed.

Code:
    Current Polling Rates
    Current Interval:	10 Minutes, 0 Seconds
    Looks like the polling interval is causing this issue. However i need this polling interval since the device is not sending out updates on local controller (Duwi Z-Wave switch) I have changed the polling interval to 2 minutes and these are the new status values

Code:
    Today 15:09:09
    Today 15:11:10
    Today 15:13:10
    Today 15:15:10
    So this is definitely related to the polling interval
    Last edited by raymonvdm; May 9th, 2017, 08:20 AM.

Check the Configuration tab for the device. Make sure the last box is checked.
    Attached Files
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

That is one dumb checkbox. Why it's not checked by default is truly a mystery.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
        That is one dumb checkbox. Why it's not checked by default is truly a mystery.
        There are a few of these unexpected default conditions lurking in the shadows. I assume they were oversights during development, but why they've persisted for over 300 version revisions is a head scratcher.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Ya wow when you have a lot of devices this will be a PITA to go through them all to change.

Comment

One of the prolific script writers could help with a script that would recursively go through the entire device list and tick that option. I cannot see any reason I would want the Last Change date/time to be updated when the value is set but not changed.

I looked through the documentation to set Enums.dvMISC and all of the check boxes except "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" are listed. For example

dv.MISC_Set(hs, Enums.dvMISC.NO_LOG) will set the device to "Do not log commands from this device:"
            Last edited by rprade; May 9th, 2017, 12:36 PM.
            Randy Prade
            Aurora, CO
            Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              One of the prolific script writers could help with a script that would recursively go through the entire device list and tick that option. I cannot see any reason I would want the Last Change date/time to be updated when the value is set but not changed.

I looked through the documentation to set Enums.dvMISC and all of the check boxes except "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" are listed. For example

dv.MISC_Set(hs, Enums.dvMISC.NO_LOG) will set the device to "Do not log commands from this device:"
              I'm afraid it's one of the times that Visual Studio comes in handy, you can explore the options available that were not documented. That script I wrote to do the NO_LOG probably works with it just being changed to what is in this image.

One of the uses for knowing when a device was updated regardless of whether or not the value was different would be some type of heartbeat, if you had a temperature sensor that remained fairly constant and could take a while to determine whether or not it was dead you could check whether or not a new temp has been sent to HS. There's many better ways to do that though!
              Last edited by mrhappy; August 27th, 2017, 01:47 PM.
              My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
              Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                I'm afraid it's one of the times that Visual Studio comes in handy, you can explore the options available that were not documented. That script I wrote to do the NO_LOG probably works with it just being changed to what is in this image.

One of the uses for knowing when a device was updated regardless of whether or not the value was different would be some type of heartbeat, if you had a temperature sensor that remained fairly constant and could take a while to determine whether or not it was dead you could check whether or not a new temp has been sent to HS. There's many better ways to do that though!
                When i mentioned "One of the prolific script writers" above, I had you in mind I'll try modifying the no_log scripts I run for Z-Wave and Arduino.
                Randy Prade
                Aurora, CO
                Prades.net

Comment

Using "dv.MISC_Set(hs, enums.dvMISC.SET_DOES_NOT_CHANGE_LAST_CHANGE)" works great. I just modified my Arduino and Z-Wave scripts that disable/enable logging to set the
                  do not update flag.

Thanks!
                  Randy Prade
                  Aurora, CO
                  Prades.net

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    Using "dv.MISC_Set(hs, enums.dvMISC.SET_DOES_NOT_CHANGE_LAST_CHANGE)" works great. I just modified my Arduino and Z-Wave scripts that disable/enable logging to set the
                    do not update flag.

Thanks!
                    Good stuff, have faith in your scripting abilities - I'm not sure what the MyHS notify flag is for however as I don't believe that one is documented anywhere.
                    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Good stuff, have faith in your scripting abilities - I'm not sure what the MyHS notify flag is for however as I don't believe that one is documented anywhere.
                      I'm terribly weak at scripting, but this one was easy enough.
                      Randy Prade
                      Aurora, CO
                      Prades.net

Comment

Working...
                      X