Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

AVG kills HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG kills HS3

I have just had my AVG free antiviral software decide that HS3.exe contains a virus and it removed it to quarantine. When I replaced it, it did it again.
    I have had to replace AVG with another antiviral.
    Anyone else seeing this?

Issues with Avast, too....
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

Enabled Plug-Ins:
    2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

Comment

AVG kills HS3

This is a common problem with many of the applications I use at home. Most of those free applications assume the computer is a web browsing machine and are not aware of 3rd party services that you want to run in the background 24x7. What's more HS3 may do weird stuff like control a USB device, or run pings to a node on your network. To a simple AV tool this could look nefarious. I would recommend creating exclusions for the DB Files, and executables related to HS3 and its plugins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same with Norton

...but I just excluded the Homeseer /HSTouch directories and their backup directories on a separate server. Relatively easy in Norton; it just skips over the directories...otherwise the heuristics picks up and quarantines a load of different files.
        Regards,
        Chris
        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.531 Shuttle XS36VL Atom PC - Win 7 Pro 32 / HCSII / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 651 devises & 154 events
        Plug-Ins: APCUPSD / BLDSC / BLiTunes / BlueIris / BLMarantz / BLShutdown / Device History / HCS2 / Insteon / Jon00 Network Monitor / Jon00 DB Charting / PHLocation2 / WeatherXML / Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
        X