Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Restart HS from the Web GUI -- remotely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Restart HS from the Web GUI -- remotely?

How do we remotely restart HS?

What hardware are you running HS3 on?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I'm on windows 10. Should I need to, I have two ways I can restart HS. First, I can remote console in and restart as though I was there. Second, I have the HS server on a Wemo outlet switch that I can control via wifi and their app on my phone. If HS has hung or even if windows has hung, I can restart. Never had to use either but have used them and they both work.

Comment

i just installed the Restart Plugin a month or so ago and it rocks and its free.
        lets you restart HS3 or the server and you can even do it as an event if needed:-)

Comment

+1 for the restart plugin!

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            What hardware are you running HS3 on?
            Win10 pc... odd/lame this is not built-into the GUI. This is the first system I've used in the last 8 years (I've used 6-8 different systems; two extensively) that didnt have a built-in way to restart the automation engine (reload the config, etc)

Comment

I just installed the restart plugin but it doesn't seem to work. I have no buttons to control the plugin. I went into the configuration and checked all the boxes for the different actions, rebooted the plugin, but nothing. The restart device has no controls associated with it.

Anybody have any idea what's wrong? There doesn't seem to be any documentation or any threads on the operation.

Comment

Originally posted by ufd108 View Post
                I just installed the restart plugin but it doesn't seem to work. I have no buttons to control the plugin. I went into the configuration and checked all the boxes for the different actions, rebooted the plugin, but nothing. The restart device has no controls associated with it.

Anybody have any idea what's wrong? There doesn't seem to be any documentation or any threads on the operation.
                They should be there when you click on Restart Plugin in the dropdown.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1190849
                Randy Prade
                Aurora, CO
                Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Thanks, I found it. I thought it was in the web gui, rather than the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by ufd108 View Post

Plugins->Restart->Restart Plugin
                    should present buttons corresponding to the options you've enabled at
                    Plugins->Restart->Restart Plugin Config
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	restart.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1190850
                    The restart device is "Restart Version" which is just the version of the version of the plugin -- doesn't seesm to perform any function; not sure why its there.

Another option is BLShutdown. With this you create events to perform system (Windows) or application (HS3) shutdown/restart.

Edit: slow to the switch again!

Comment

There are also 4 Event actions available so you can initiate any function from an Event.
                      Randy Prade
                      Aurora, CO
                      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Working...
                      X