Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Restarted System. Now HS3 isn't Licensed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restarted System. Now HS3 isn't Licensed

I restarted my system today to install some updates and now HS3 says that I need to register it. Well....... I have a license. I entered the license and it gives me this error message:

Error verifying license: XXXXX : No more registrations are available for this license. Contact technical support for assistance. Code:7

So I simply restored to my noon backup from today. HS3 was working just fine around noon BTW. I start it up again and.... I get the same error. I then reboot the system again. Same thing. So I restored to the midnight backup. Same thing.

I'm unhappy!
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

You need to raise a support ticket to have the registration reset.

Comment

Same..!!
      Now i'm without any security, automation etc..
      Ive put in contact form but closed for weekend !!

Comment

I sent an email with a verbatim copy of my original post to support@homeseer.com. I imagine that nobody is going to get back to my before Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny_holden View Post
          Same..!!
          Now i'm without any security, automation etc..
          Ive put in contact form but closed for weekend !!

Would you mind telling me a little about the system you're running HS3 on?

I'm on WHS 2011 (Server 1008 R2) I installed some security updates earlier today and no other updates I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
            Would you mind telling me a little about the system you're running HS3 on?

I'm on WHS 2011 (Server 1008 R2) I installed some security updates earlier today and no other updates I believe.
            Win 7 pro (64). I did updates this evening too (specially with news about hacking around the world). All okay. No virus issues. Rebooted and issue with licensing.
            on HS3 .318

EDITED !! sorry win 7 pro

Comment

just as a workaround... you could probably buy a new license... then let support sort it out next week to keep you up and running

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                just as a workaround... you could probably buy a new license... then let support sort it out next week to keep you up and running

F that. I'd rather pay HST $600 to make a crack for me so I never have to deal with this again.

Comment

F that. I'd rather pay HST $600 to make a crack for me so I never have to deal with this again.
                  Just trying to help :-)
                  Did you keep your vera?

Comment

I restarted my system today to install some updates and now HS3 says that I need to register it. Well....... I have a license. I entered the license and it gives me this error message:

Error verifying license: XXXXX : No more registrations are available for this license. Contact technical support for assistance. Code:7

So I simply restored to my noon backup from today. HS3 was working just fine around noon BTW. I start it up again and.... I get the same error. I then reboot the system again. Same thing. So I restored to the midnight backup. Same thing.

I'm unhappy!
                    I had this happen last month after the Microsoft second Tuesday updates. I restored from a HS backup from early that morning, still the same error. Then I restored the entire computer from an image backup from the weekend before and it worked. Then I put the current HS data files in place and it still worked. Then I updated the O/S (Windows 10) again and it remained working. This Tuesday was another round of updates and it is still working.

At least I was able to fix it, but it makes me a little nervous to think an errant licensing issue could render my system useless.
                    Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                      Just trying to help :-)
                      Did you keep your vera?
                      I appreciate the sentiment. :/ But I'm a tad too grumpy to express it properly. And I'd rather live in the wilderness like a Native American than go back to Vera.

At Randy:

I unfortunately don't have a backup of the entire system because it's not too complicated. I have a script to backup permissions and firewall rules. The only other important thing on there is HS3 and I back that up twice a day. I'd been thinking all morning about moving this to a different lower powered machine any way.

Comment

Tried system restore before updates but still no license :-(

Comment

@ randy,
                          You know? I don't think I installed the updates last month. Maybe the same one that hosed you hosed us.

Comment

@ randy,
                            You know? I don't think I installed the updates last month. Maybe the same one that hosed you hosed us.
                            Same here. Hadn't done updates for a few weeks. I must remind myself not to do it on a Friday night !!

Comment

Originally posted by johnny_holden View Post
                              Same here. Hadn't done updates for a few weeks. I must remind myself not to do it on a Friday night !!

We're addicts. There might be a 12 step group for this. But hell with that!

Comment

Working...
                              X