Battery Status in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Status in HS3

I have a question about how often does HS3 update the battery status of the devices? I select the battery in the device list and then the z-wave tab and the battery shows it is being polled every 12 hours.

But the last change shows the last poll was in March! So does the 12 hour setting do anything? thanks

I think there's a serious bug with reporting battery levels. None of my devices report properly. Only the first time they are included and never after.

Comment

There used to be bugs related to this, but they were fixed months ago. What version of HS3 and what version of the z-wave plugin are you running? All my z-wave devices' (about 30 of them) batteries report properly for me. Also make sure that "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" is not checked for the battery child device.

Cheers
      Al
      Last edited by sparkman; May 14, 2017, 07:02 PM.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks mwolter for the reply. Thanks Sparkman, I have unchecked the boxes and I will report back if and when I get a change in the battery status. I am running 3.0.0.318 for HS3 and 3.0.1.110 for z-wave.

Comment

double checked and "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" is not enabled on any of the battery child devices. Below are the details on my SEL system. Could this be a Linux issue?

Current Date/Time: 5/14/2017 12:36:01 PM
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
          Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 2 Days 1 Hour 54 Minutes 25 Seconds
          IP Address: 192.168.8.2
          Number of Devices: 219
          Number of Events: 103
          Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
          3.2.0.5: APCUPSD
          1.1.2.0: Device History
          3.0.0.32: EasyTrigger
          3.0.0.18: Ecobee
          3.0.0.103: HSTouch Server
          0.0.0.30: Pushover 3P
          3.0.4.3: SDJ-Health
          3.0.6265.20586: UltraWeatherWU3
          3.0.1.110: Z-Wave

Comment

Looks like you are on the right versions. What are the wake-up intervals set to on your devices? Set the polling on your battery devices to be about double that.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Sparkman,
              Looks like mwolter and I are on the same z-wave version of 3.0.1.110. You are on 3.0.1.112 and said that all yours work fine.

Should we go to 3.0.1.112? Maybe it is 3.0.1.110 that is the culprit!

Comment

Root device wake up interval was set to one hour and battery polling was 30 minutes, changed polling to 2 hours. Hopefully, this helps.

Unfortunately, 112 is not available for Linux. Would update otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                  Sparkman,

Looks like mwolter and I are on the same z-wave version of 3.0.1.110. You are on 3.0.1.112 and said that all yours work fine.

Should we go to 3.0.1.112? Maybe it is 3.0.1.110 that is the culprit!

It was working for me on .110. .112 was pulled for some reason (it's been working fine for me so not sure why) and there have been issues reported with .114 so I would not upgrade to it.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by sparkman; May 14, 2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I guess I will stay at 110. Don't really have a choice. I will give it 24 hours and see if it polls them. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      Looks like you are on the right versions. What are the wake-up intervals set to on your devices? Set the polling on your battery devices to be about double that.

Cheers
                      Al
                      I have never figured this out. So you need to set both wake up (in device settings) and polling (in the HS3 settings)?

DSteiNeuro
                      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                        I have never figured this out. So you need to set both wake up (in device settings) and polling (in the HS3 settings)?

DSteiNeuro

The wake-up interval is set under the z-wave tab of the root device and the polling interval for the battery child device is set under its z-wave tab.

Comment

The wake-up interval is set under the z-wave tab of the root device and the polling interval for the battery child device is set under its z-wave tab.

I got that. The wake up interval is sent to the device settings (i.e. is intrinsic to the device).
                          I didn't realize that you also have to poll the battery. Is the battery poll queued until the next wake up?
                          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                            I got that. The wake up interval is sent to the device settings (i.e. is intrinsic to the device).

I didn't realize that you also have to poll the battery. Is the battery poll queued until the next wake up?

Correct.

Comment

Correct.

Ok, so you want the poll before the wake up.
                              What frequency would be best?
                              For example if I have the wake up every 6 hours what would the poll be?
                              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Working...
                              X