HS3 Pro on VM or dedicated PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 Pro on VM or dedicated PC?

Hi, I searched around the forum but didn't see anything one what I'm looking to do. I'm trying to organize my office/desk a little bit and it's getting a overwhelmed with pc's. Right now I have the following:

PC running Win 10 with plenty of disk space and 16 GB memory
    PC running Linux Fedora that is being used for a test dev system for work with 16 GB memory
    Laptop running RHEL 7 with 16 GB of memory but probably not a large amount of space
    Laptop running Win 7 with 4 GB of memory and decent disk space (this one was dedicated to running only HS3 Pro

The RHEL laptop will not be running at my house 24/7, but the other two PC's will be. I was trying to eliminate the Win 7 laptop if possible. I'm not sure what the overhead is on HS3. I was wondering what would be the best option for running HS3 out of the following (or staying with the current status):

Directly on the Win 10 PC
    On a VM on the Win 10 PC
    On a VM on the Linux workstation (would run a version of Win on the VM)

I appreciate any input or suggestions. Thanks!

Originally posted by mm5300 View Post
    Hi, I searched around the forum but didn't see anything one what I'm looking to do. I'm trying to organize my office/desk a little bit and it's getting a overwhelmed with pc's. Right now I have the following:

PC running Win 10 with plenty of disk space and 16 GB memory
    PC running Linux Fedora that is being used for a test dev system for work with 16 GB memory
    Laptop running RHEL 7 with 16 GB of memory but probably not a large amount of space
    Laptop running Win 7 with 4 GB of memory and decent disk space (this one was dedicated to running only HS3 Pro

The RHEL laptop will not be running at my house 24/7, but the other two PC's will be. I was trying to eliminate the Win 7 laptop if possible. I'm not sure what the overhead is on HS3. I was wondering what would be the best option for running HS3 out of the following (or staying with the current status):

Directly on the Win 10 PC
    On a VM on the Win 10 PC
    On a VM on the Linux workstation (would run a version of Win on the VM)

I appreciate any input or suggestions. Thanks!
    It's very lightweight. I run mine on a VM with no issues. What OS you choose will be determined by your plugin compatibility needs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Great! Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
      X