Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

HS3 Pro on VM or dedicated PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 Pro on VM or dedicated PC?

Hi, I searched around the forum but didn't see anything one what I'm looking to do. I'm trying to organize my office/desk a little bit and it's getting a overwhelmed with pc's. Right now I have the following:

PC running Win 10 with plenty of disk space and 16 GB memory
    PC running Linux Fedora that is being used for a test dev system for work with 16 GB memory
    Laptop running RHEL 7 with 16 GB of memory but probably not a large amount of space
    Laptop running Win 7 with 4 GB of memory and decent disk space (this one was dedicated to running only HS3 Pro

The RHEL laptop will not be running at my house 24/7, but the other two PC's will be. I was trying to eliminate the Win 7 laptop if possible. I'm not sure what the overhead is on HS3. I was wondering what would be the best option for running HS3 out of the following (or staying with the current status):

Directly on the Win 10 PC
    On a VM on the Win 10 PC
    On a VM on the Linux workstation (would run a version of Win on the VM)

I appreciate any input or suggestions. Thanks!

Originally posted by mm5300 View Post
    Hi, I searched around the forum but didn't see anything one what I'm looking to do. I'm trying to organize my office/desk a little bit and it's getting a overwhelmed with pc's. Right now I have the following:

PC running Win 10 with plenty of disk space and 16 GB memory
    PC running Linux Fedora that is being used for a test dev system for work with 16 GB memory
    Laptop running RHEL 7 with 16 GB of memory but probably not a large amount of space
    Laptop running Win 7 with 4 GB of memory and decent disk space (this one was dedicated to running only HS3 Pro

The RHEL laptop will not be running at my house 24/7, but the other two PC's will be. I was trying to eliminate the Win 7 laptop if possible. I'm not sure what the overhead is on HS3. I was wondering what would be the best option for running HS3 out of the following (or staying with the current status):

Directly on the Win 10 PC
    On a VM on the Win 10 PC
    On a VM on the Linux workstation (would run a version of Win on the VM)

I appreciate any input or suggestions. Thanks!
    It's very lightweight. I run mine on a VM with no issues. What OS you choose will be determined by your plugin compatibility needs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Great! Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
      X