Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your method for House Modes & Occupancy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    That will be hard because it would be custom made for each of use. No one size fits all in this case.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by kideon View Post
      I still want to see someone write a plugin to handle all of this
      To some extend my SmartDevice plugin was made for that
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...n-for-homeseer
      But I can write a new one, no problem.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
        To some extend my SmartDevice plugin was made for that
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...n-for-homeseer
        But I can write a new one, no problem.
        That would be great! Dreamed of something turnkey that just works incorporating Bayesian logic and is tuned to handle sensor feedback, routine, geo tracking, ble, nfc whatever. Also accounting for multiple occupants guests etc. I want the 90s bill gates house in 2019. Could eliminate a ton of events and triggers. I was going to play around with the smart device plugin and offload the Phillips hue controllers simplistic controls over lighting and motion sensors. Maybe you could team up with the other devs. Planning on setting up BLE tracking with mqtt when i get time.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by viroid View Post
          I reset the occupancy status anytime an exterior door is opened or closed (seems redundant, unless you have children who leave the door open). Thus, once the house is closed, occupancy status is unknown until something within the house detects an occupant. I'll post my rules shortly.


          Edit...

          Photos of my WIAB Logic for the house are below; originally I had this in just 4 rules but I recently re-worked all of it to be a bit more modular when I started playing with the IFTTT integration for WyzeCam, thought maybe I could use those as a mechanism for detecting occupants. It is a lot more flexible as I can add new rules for occupancy detection devices without impacting any of the existing logic, and if one detection rule is misbehaving I can just disable it.


          This just does occupancy detection and updates the house occupancy status. House "Mode" is a separate virtual device with it's own rules which are built on top of this base WIAB logic (and other stuff).
          This discussion is interesting as we all have different needs and ideas as to how to achieve them. I use geofences from iPhones, motion detectors and a pressure sensor on the bed to determine occupancy and it works exactly as we need.

          That said, there are two of your events that are troubling. It appears that you edited them by removing a Trigger, allowing the subsequent Condition to become a (non valid) Trigger.

          In this first image you can see that the first Trigger is not valid as there is no Trigger on a device being at a value, only by being set or changed can a value be a Trigger. Look at the second group and you will see the correct trigger. The only way this Event can be fixed is to delete the primary Trigger along with the 3 associated Conditions, then add them in again. Or you can delete the Event and create it from scratch (do not copy the corrupted Event).

          Click image for larger version  Name:	image1.jpg Views:	3 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	1311936

          The second image shows a similar corruption.

          Click image for larger version  Name:	image2.jpg Views:	3 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	1311937

          These corrupted Events will usually not trigger at all, but may give unexpected results. To avoid this NEVER delete a Trigger, without first deleting the associated conditions. If it is your primary and only trigger, change it, do not delete it.

          I put a post up in the Event Clinic Forum warning of and describing this problem here..
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

          PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by rprade View Post
            This discussion is interesting as we all have different needs and ideas as to how to achieve them. I use geofences from iPhones, motion detectors and a pressure sensor on the bed to determine occupancy and it works exactly as we need.
            Agreed. I tried the geofence route, I use an Android, my wife uses Apple. I found it to be unreliable as her phone never reported in. That's when I started trying to make the house smarter. My goal at this point is to make as much of the automation rely on things I can control, rather than things I cannot. My wife, and the cloud, are things I cannot control.



            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by rprade View Post
              That said, there are two of your events that are troubling. It appears that you edited them by removing a Trigger, allowing the subsequent Condition to become a (non valid) Trigger.

              In this first image you can see that the first Trigger is not valid as there is no Trigger on a device being at a value, only by being set or changed can a value be a Trigger. Look at the second group and you will see the correct trigger. The only way this Event can be fixed is to delete the primary Trigger along with the 3 associated Conditions, then add them in again. Or you can delete the Event and create it from scratch (do not copy the corrupted Event).

              These corrupted Events will usually not trigger at all, but may give unexpected results. To avoid this NEVER delete a Trigger, without first deleting the associated conditions. If it is your primary and only trigger, change it, do not delete it.

              I put a post up in the Event Clinic Forum warning of and describing this problem here..

              I do recall noticing that the trigger wasn't quote right, but as the rule continued work, I left it alone. I'll go ahead and recreate them, thanks.

              Comment


              • #22
                I simply use a countdown timer (i.e. 1 hr) - and any motion detectors (incl. cameras and alarm sensors) reset the timer. To be more exact - I have multiple "occupancy zones" - but they all combine into one "occupancy status". The only downside is - if we forget to press "Sleep" or "Away" manually - occupancy will go to "Away" after one hour. I.e. lights will stay on for an hour...

                Click image for larger version

Name:	triggers.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	325.4 KB
ID:	1312061

                Click image for larger version

Name:	timer.PNG
Views:	73
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	1312062

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                  I simply use a countdown timer (i.e. 1 hr) - and any motion detectors (incl. cameras and alarm sensors) reset the timer. To be more exact - I have multiple "occupancy zones" - but they all combine into one "occupancy status". The only downside is - if we forget to press "Sleep" or "Away" manually - occupancy will go to "Away" after one hour. I.e. lights will stay on for an hour...

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	triggers.PNG
Views:	94
Size:	325.4 KB
ID:	1312061

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	timer.PNG
Views:	73
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	1312062
                  Check out this post, has my House level occupancy detection (wasp in a box) and my events for changing house status.

                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ection-with-hs

                  Moving the house from awake to sleeping can be tricky, but WIAB solves a lot of the timer based occupancy detection issues as once motion is detected, it assumes the house is occupied until an exterior door is opened.



                  Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Smart watches are pretty good at detecting when someone is asleep these days, I may try to get that data into HomeSeer at some point and use that to help drive my Home (Sleeping) house state.

                    Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X