Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Move Nodes/Devices from Z-Net to Smartstick+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Nodes/Devices from Z-Net to Smartstick+

I am running HS3 on Windows and have 2 controllers:

1) Z-Net on wifi
    2) Smartstick+ connected directly to the HS3 Windows server.

I have devices/nodes attached to both controllers. The Z-Net on wifi and seems bit flaky when my Windows server is rebooted (sometimes necessary to reboot the Z-Net). I'm not sure I really even need the Z-Net so I would like to move all my devices over to my Smartstick+ and turn off the Z-Net keeping all my programmed events. Is this possible? I have tried sending the network from Z-Net and receiving it on the Smartstick+ network, but it times out after 2 mins. I have just tried starting the send/receive commands in various sequences but it still times out. I don't think I could be the first to ever ask this but I cannot find instructions on the steps to do this.

Also, I have read some mention of primary/secondary controllers. I don't really understand this or why you would have this. It doesn't sound like the secondary acts as a backup for primary if it dies but documentation seems limited or I can't find it. I think both controllers in my system might be primary, but I don's see that word used. I see both set as MAIN controllers for their corresponding networks. I might be interested in keeping my Z-Net running as secondary if someone could explain how and why I would want to do this.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Working...
X