Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Help - my Z-stick is dead, how do I replace interface??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - my Z-stick is dead, how do I replace interface??

I was using a Z-stick S2 in the USB port of my Windows PC, with HS3 to run a large Z-wave network. Everything was working fine for several years, but I noticed yesterday that it was having problems connecting with some of the devices, so I wanted to reset it (unplug and plug it back in). I pulled it but noticed that the "C" LED light on it stays on, which I don't remember happening before - I think it's supposed to be off when it's not plugged in and not attaching new devices. I am terrified that if I buy a new one, I'd have to manually re-pair all my devices (~100) and re-setup all my rules (several hundred). Please someone tell me that's not necessary... I've made backups of the HS3 folder, and also done backups via the HS3 interface. What do I do?

1) anyone have any idea how to re-set a Z-stick?

2) assuming it's dead, what do I do to get my system operational again with a new interface (and should I get another Z-stick or move to a better interface device)?

https://youtu.be/nS-YWPVFJOM
    Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Aha, so it looks like we can simply restore a backup from Z-stick to SmartStick, and SmartStick is the better device anyway?

Comment

Yes, you can also use a Z-NET or a UZB stick too!
        Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

anyone have opinions (feature comparison) of UZB stick vs. Smart Stick? Given that I'm using it from a Windows PC, which has the best stability for a large network?

Comment

+1 for the SmartStick+. I haven't had a single issue with dropping any devices. I use a laptop with a 3 ft usb extension to get the controller up and away from anything metal.

Comment

+1 for the smartstick+. I have one and it is a really great transceiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                +1 for the smartstick+. I have one and it is a really great transceiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                read around on the znet... a bit more money , but greater flexibility on where you can place it and the range it provides. great device.

Comment

Working...
                X