Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - my Z-stick is dead, how do I replace interface??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - my Z-stick is dead, how do I replace interface??

I was using a Z-stick S2 in the USB port of my Windows PC, with HS3 to run a large Z-wave network. Everything was working fine for several years, but I noticed yesterday that it was having problems connecting with some of the devices, so I wanted to reset it (unplug and plug it back in). I pulled it but noticed that the "C" LED light on it stays on, which I don't remember happening before - I think it's supposed to be off when it's not plugged in and not attaching new devices. I am terrified that if I buy a new one, I'd have to manually re-pair all my devices (~100) and re-setup all my rules (several hundred). Please someone tell me that's not necessary... I've made backups of the HS3 folder, and also done backups via the HS3 interface. What do I do?

1) anyone have any idea how to re-set a Z-stick?

2) assuming it's dead, what do I do to get my system operational again with a new interface (and should I get another Z-stick or move to a better interface device)?

https://youtu.be/nS-YWPVFJOM
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Aha, so it looks like we can simply restore a backup from Z-stick to SmartStick, and SmartStick is the better device anyway?

Comment

Yes, you can also use a Z-NET or a UZB stick too!
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

anyone have opinions (feature comparison) of UZB stick vs. Smart Stick? Given that I'm using it from a Windows PC, which has the best stability for a large network?

Comment

+1 for the SmartStick+. I haven't had a single issue with dropping any devices. I use a laptop with a 3 ft usb extension to get the controller up and away from anything metal.

Comment

+1 for the smartstick+. I have one and it is a really great transceiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                +1 for the smartstick+. I have one and it is a really great transceiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                read around on the znet... a bit more money , but greater flexibility on where you can place it and the range it provides. great device.

Comment

Working...
                X