No Node ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Node ID

For some reason, my pool light switch (Zooz Zen23) lost communication with HS3. The switch itself still works, but in HS3, it shows up without a Node ID. How do I reestablish the Node ID and communication without removing and reading the switch. It's pretty far from my UZB1 controller and I would literally have to move my HS3 PC near the pool to do that.

Not that I can help a great deal however I have also had the same issue here - https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188005 - I think deleting the database as advised sorted it out.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Not that I can help a great deal however I have also had the same issue here - https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188005 - I think deleting the database as advised sorted it out.
      Thanks, so if I shutdown HS3, delete the z-wave2.db file, then restart, my node should reappear? Also, is anything lost doing this? Any risks?

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
        Thanks, so if I shutdown HS3, delete the z-wave2.db file, then restart, my node should reappear? Also, is anything lost doing this? Any risks?
        I'm sure it did to my setup although my memory is fading these days, keep a backup of the database just in case but I didn't notice any errors or issues - in fact makes me wonder what is in it if deleting and restarting don't appear to cause massive problems.

Comment

Well, this didn't fix my issue. I still have that switch with No Node ID. Anything else I can try?

Comment

If you go to the z-wave tab for this device, and click the arrow to show the list of available nodes, does the prior node number for this device still show as available? If so, maybe you can just select it and do a rescan? I've never tried this, but it's worth a shot.
            Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
              If you go to the z-wave tab for this device, and click the arrow to show the list of available nodes, does the prior node number for this device still show as available? If so, maybe you can just select it and do a rescan? I've never tried this, but it's worth a shot.
              First thing I tried. Node 17 not listed.
              Attached Files

Comment

Well, this didn't fix my issue. I still have that switch with No Node ID. Anything else I can try?
                Have you tried a rescan and audit of the node in the Z-Wave tab? If that does not work I'm out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  Have you tried a rescan and audit of the node in the Z-Wave tab? If that does not work I'm out of ideas.
                  I can't even reach the node to rescan. Oh well, I guess I have to remove and readd. Didn't want to have to do that.

Comment

Just a thought, could you assign it a new node id, say 20, then see if the node 17 re-appears and then re-assign it back to 17?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                      Just a thought, could you assign it a new node id, say 20, then see if the node 17 re-appears and then re-assign it back to 17?
                      Those other Node IDs are in use for other nodes. Anyone think this is a ZWave plugin issue?
                      Last edited by Sireone; June 5, 2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Check out the Z-Wave help
                        Plugins->Z-Wave->Help-Documentation
                        Basic Functions->Device Information and Settings->Options->Node Number

In some situations, you may want to change the node number to "No Node ID" - if the node is going to be temporarily removed, you can set the node to this option and that will prevent the plug-in from trying to communicate with the node. The controller will still try to route through the node as needed, so you should still remove the node from the network - HOWEVER - by setting the device to No Node ID first, you will prevent the plug-in from removing the device from the system, which means that events referencing the device will keep that device reference so you do not have to re-create the events. Later, when you wish to use the node again, add the node to the system, remove the device that the plug-in created new, and then return to the properties of the original device and assign the new node ID to it.

If this works, if you remove the node the device should stay and you can follow this procedure to recover without having to redo the events.

Comment

bazinga! Learn something new every day!

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                            ... add the node to the system, remove the device that the plug-in created new, and then return to the properties of the original device and assign the new node ID to it....
                            Question, If I remove the new device that I re-add, wouldn't that also remove the Node ID that I want to use on the old device?

Comment

Question, If I remove the new device that I re-add, wouldn't that also remove the Node ID that I want to use on the old device?
                              The way I read it, how its 'supposed' to work is:

1) change the node number to "No Node ID" (which for you has already been done, though not on purpose).
                              2) remove the node from the network. Normally this would cause the device to be deleted which would break referencing events. But if this is to be believed, in this case the device will be preserved.
                              3) add the node. This will result in a new device being created, with a new node number.
                              4) Note the node number assigned to this new device, then delete the new device.
                              5) return to original device and assign the new node number to it.

If it goes as advertised, you'll have a different node number but that doesn't matter.
                              This doesn't address your issue of possibly having to move the computer closer to the node to add it of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X