Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
    The way I read it, how its 'supposed' to work is:

1) change the node number to "No Node ID" (which for you has already been done, though not on purpose).
    2) remove the node from the network. Normally this would cause the device to be deleted which would break referencing events. But if this is to be believed, in this case the device will be preserved.
    3) add the node. This will result in a new device being created, with a new node number.
    4) Note the node number assigned to this new device, then delete the new device.
    5) return to original device and assign the new node number to it.

If it goes as advertised, you'll have a different node number but that doesn't matter.
    This doesn't address your issue of possibly having to move the computer closer to the node to add it of course.
    That make sense now. I'll give it a shot. Just need to figure a better way to get my switch to talk to my UZB1. Is there such thing as a wifi usb extender?

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
      Is there such thing as a wifi usb extender?
      Well sure, one way is to use a Raspberry Pi. That's what a Z-Net is.

Comment

Well sure, one way is to use a Raspberry Pi. That's what a Z-Net is.
        Yea...I wanted to go that route but didn't want to shed $150 on a new controller right now. I wish HS would let you use your own Raspberry Pi/RazBerry and just sell us the software.

Comment

The way I read it, how its 'supposed' to work is:

1) change the node number to "No Node ID" (which for you has already been done, though not on purpose).
          2) remove the node from the network. Normally this would cause the device to be deleted which would break referencing events. But if this is to be believed, in this case the device will be preserved.
          3) add the node. This will result in a new device being created, with a new node number.
          4) Note the node number assigned to this new device, then delete the new device.

If it goes as advertised, you'll have a different node number but that doesn't matter.
          This doesn't address your issue of possibly having to move the computer closer to the node to add it of course.
          So does this work to replace a node?

Comment

This works. I added a couple extra steps to the previous post. All of my Events still worked after replacing the switches - didn't have to modify anything in the events.

I replaced a couple "Aeotec Smart Energy Swtich G2" switches with enbrighten Z-Wave Smart switches using these steps:

2) Remove/Xxclude the node from the network. Normally this would cause the device to be deleted which would break referencing events. But if this is to be believed, in this case the device will be preserved.
            2b) Through the breaker to remove 120vac power to the switch. Remove old switch, install new switch and restore 120vac power.
            3) Add/Include the node. This will result in a new device being created, with a new node number.
            6) In the Z-Wave Tab of the original device, if there is no option to select the node number, hit the "Z-Wave Config" link which will take you to a page where you hit the "Reset Z-Wave Data" button. Wait 90 sec or so after hitting the button....... Then refresh browser and select the new node number in the original device Z-Wave Tab. Hit done.
            7) In the Z-Wave Tab of the original device, hit "Rescan". Wait 60 sec or so.... This will then bring in the new features (child devices, ect) of the new Z-Wave Switch.
            8) Delete any child devices that were part of the old node.

Comment

I came across the procedure above while looking for a way to update the firmware of Fibaro modules, which requires excluding from Homeseer and including on Fibaro's Home Center (Lite) to update. This way no events get lost.

So here is a modification of the above to update Fibaro modules (basically added 2c):
              1) Change the node number to "No Node ID".
              2) Remove/Exclude the node from the network. Normally this would cause the device to be deleted which would break referencing events. But if this is to be believed, in this case the device will be preserved.
              2b) (Not always required, use when inclusion fails) Through the breaker to remove 120vac power to the switch. Remove old switch, install new switch and restore 120vac power.
              2c) Add the module as a node on the HCL's Z-Wave network, then update the firmware (https://manuals.fibaro.com/knowledge...ibaro-devices/) and exclude the node from HCL. Return to Homeseer.
              3) Add/Include the node. This will result in a new device being created, with a new node number.
              4) Note the node number assigned to this new device, then delete the new (master) device.
              6) In the Z-Wave Tab of the original device, if there is no option to select the node number, hit the "Z-Wave Config" link which will take you to a page where you hit the "Reset Z-Wave Data" button. Wait 90 sec or so after hitting the button (or follow the Log in a different window)....... Then refresh browser and select the new node number in the original device Z-Wave Tab. Hit done.
              7) In the Z-Wave Tab of the original device, hit "Rescan". Wait 60 sec or so.... This will then bring in the new features (child devices, ect) of the new Z-Wave Switch.
              8) (Delete any child devices that were part of the old node).
              9) In case your original devices still had the original Floor names (i.e. Node x) you may want to consider renaming them to the new node number (or just give them a name that makes more sense

Comment

I'm thinking of starting to replace a bunch of older jasco/GE z-wave dimmer modules with newer leviton z-wave PLUS dimmer modules throughout my house. As others above, I don't want to break events AND keep my extensive HSTouch project running.

Two questions....
                1. anyone tried this in HS4? I don't think there should be a difference from HS3, but you never know.
                2. Also, any reason to think that this wouldn't work in terms of HSTouch?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X