Best Approach to OTA Updates for Aeon Labs Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Approach to OTA Updates for Aeon Labs Products

What is the best way to accomplish OTA updates for Aeon Labs devices withthe HS3 Linux box ?

Assuming you've already added the ZStick (Aeon Labs controller) as a secondary controller, I have read that you have to remove them from the SmartStick+(Homeseer's product which I use currently as the only controller); add them to a ZStick ; do the OTA update; remove them from the ZStick; and; add them again to the SmartStick+.

If I add a ZStick as a second controller; I would guess that I would have to remove any secure nodes from the SmartStick+ and add the again as a non-secure node for the ZStick to be able to talk to them, wouldn't I ? - after that I assume both controllers could talk to the device.

Is that how it works ?

Is there any pressing disadvantage to having non-secure devices ? I mean short of some guy with a Z-Wave sniffer sitting by my mail box capturing Z-Wave messages... I'm new to Z-Wave but I thought there was a one time key created for messages whether the device is secure or not... Somebody please enlighten me. Sorry if I'm rambling...

Please weigh in; what is the best way to accomplish OTA updates for Aeon Labs devices ?

Current Date/Time: 6/4/2017 8:25:21 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.318
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 9 Hours 3 Minutes 46 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.0.1.5
    Number of Devices: 85
    Number of Events: 7
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.47.0: BLOnkyo
    3.0.22.30668: Blue-Iris
    3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    1.1.2.8: JowiHue
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave
    Last edited by mikedeissler; June 4th, 2017, 10:26 PM. Reason: include system profile
Working...
X