Please help with problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help with problem

For several days in a row my HS3 ( Pro 3.0.0.318) has gone crazy. Here is a sample of the log:
    6/5/2017 15:51 Device Control Device: 15-Indicator Office Garage Door Status to Closed (0)
    6/5/2017 15:51 Device Control Device: 15-Indicator Porch Garage Door Indicator to Closed (0)
    6/5/2017 15:51 Event Event Trigger "Security Garage Door Closed-Z-Wave"
    6/5/2017 15:51 Device Control Device: 15-Indicator Loft Garage Door Indicator to Off (0)
    6/5/2017 15:51 Event Event Trigger "Security Garage Door Closed-Insteon"
    6/5/2017 15:51 Event Event Trigger "Security Clear Garage Door Indicators"
    6/5/2017 15:51 Device Control Device: 15-Indicator Office Garage Door Status to Closed (0)
    6/5/2017 15:51 Device Control Device: 15-Indicator Porch Garage Door Indicator to Closed (0)
    6/5/2017 15:51 Device Control Device: 15-Indicator Loft Garage Door Indicator to Off (0)

Nothing is being done to the garage door. I've removed the batteries from the door sensor so I know it's not sending repeated signals.

So what else could make this go crazy. It fills the log and I can't scroll back far enough to see the first occurrence so I could maybe see what's happening.

It's happened 3 days in a row. The first two days, restarting HS fixed it. But today I've restarted HS 3 times and it just comes back after a while.

Can anyone give me a clue about how to fix this?

Thanx!

It appears all of these are one "event" that all repeated in the same second. Try adding a do not retrigger to the event and it should solve this issue.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
      Nothing is being done to the garage door. I've removed the batteries from the door sensor so I know it's not sending repeated signals.

So what else could make this go crazy. It fills the log and I can't scroll back far enough to see the first occurrence so I could maybe see what's happening.

It's happened 3 days in a row. The first two days, restarting HS fixed it. But today I've restarted HS 3 times and it just comes back after a while.

Can anyone give me a clue about how to fix this?

Thanx!
      Like Rupp said, it could be an event repeatedly triggering. It also could be a loop among the Events. Without seeing the actual events it is difficult to see what is happening. Could you post screenshots of these three Events:

Security Garage Door Closed-Z-Wave
      Security Garage Door Closed-Insteon
      Security Clear Garage Door Indicators

It's possible one or more the Events could be reconfigured to stop repeated triggering.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

It's worked for over a year without this problem so not sure what's going on. I'll try setting the do not retrigger and see if that helps.
        Thanx!

Comment

Here is screenshot:
          Attached Files

Comment

Setting to not allow retriggering right away seems to have fixed the problem. But today I had the same problem with a different set of trigger and events. These also had been working fine for many months. Hopefully, setting them to not allow retriggering right away will fix these two as well. But can anyone see a reason why these would suddenly start acting up after working fine for months?

Comment

You have a feedback loop. In the screenshot above the first event has a trigger:

OR IF 15-Indicator Office Garage Status had its value set to Closed

This event runs the 2nd and 3rd events.

The third event has an action:

Then Set 15-Indicator Office Garage Door Status to Closed

This action will trigger the first event again, calling the third event, triggering the first event and on and on.

If you change your trigger to:

OR IF 15-Indicator Office Garage Status changes and becomes Closed

you will break the loop. Your Cannot Re Run for 1 minute in the third event also breaks the loop, but it will still cause the first event to trigger again once, but it cannot cause the second and third events to run again for at least 1 minute. .

Comment

OK thanks. I can fix that. But I still don't understand whey it worked for months.

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
                  OK thanks. I can fix that. But I still don't understand whey it worked for months.
                  I have no idea, because the problem should have been there from the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                  X