Factory Default HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Default HS3

I've trialed and have decided to use HS3 for my home automation controller.

I would like to start from scratch and build the system starting from new.

Is there an easy way to delete plugins and existing information, so the HS3 as a fresh install?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
    I've trialed and have decided to use HS3 for my home automation controller.

I would like to start from scratch and build the system starting from new.

Is there an easy way to delete plugins and existing information, so the HS3 as a fresh install?

Thanks.
    Just stop HS, uninstall it using Program and Features in the Control Panel, then delete the whole HS3 directory and all subdirectories and then do a fresh install. I'm assuming Windows, but if using linux, similar steps would apply.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Just stop HS, uninstall it using Program and Features in the Control Panel, then delete the whole HS3 directory and all subdirectories and then do a fresh install. I'm assuming Windows, but if using linux, similar steps would apply.

Cheers
      Al
      That's easy enough, thanks. I didn't know if there was simply a data file to delete.

Will do this.

Comment

I did this and it seemed to work well. I've got a baselined HS3 system to start with now.

When it opened the first time, it wanted me to create an account to enable server access. I tried to do this, but it wouldn't let me, saying an account with this address already existed. I'm sure it does.

I cancelled out of that and went to sign in and cannot find in settings where to sign in. Signing in was not an option that I saw on the account creation page.

At any rate, where do I sign in? Attached is a pic of the screen I am speaking of. I do not see where to log on with an existing account.

Thanks.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Club Chapin; June 15, 2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I did find user settings, but not the email field.
          Attached Files

Comment

Not sure where that is stored and I don't recall ever seeing that screen. Maybe try restoring the licenses.bin file in the \Config folder.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              Not sure where that is stored and I don't recall ever seeing that screen. Maybe try restoring the licenses.bin file in the \Config folder.

Cheers
              Al
              I have only seen that screen when installing and opening HS3 for the first time.

Maybe it is not important and only actually registering with HS Corporation and not directly related to HS3 software.

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
                I did this and it seemed to work well. I've got a baselined HS3 system to start with now.

When it opened the first time, it wanted me to create an account to enable server access. I tried to do this, but it wouldn't let me, saying an account with this address already existed. I'm sure it does.

I cancelled out of that and went to sign in and cannot find in settings where to sign in. Signing in was not an option that I saw on the account creation page.

At any rate, where do I sign in? Attached is a pic of the screen I am speaking of. I do not see where to log on with an existing account.

Thanks.
                This is only required once so you can now click on the line that states "Click here to continue to the device management page"
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X