No announcement yet.

Zooz Battery Devices not Reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having a problem with my Aeotec sensor not reporting its battery, and came across this thread. I have a Zooz device as well not reporting, so I am interested to know if any progress has been made with that ticket that was submitted.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by airedale View Post
      I am having a problem with my Aeotec sensor not reporting its battery, and came across this thread. I have a Zooz device as well not reporting, so I am interested to know if any progress has been made with that ticket that was submitted.

Thanks!
      I haven't heard back from admin but here is what I have had to do in order to get all (for now) the Zooz battery devices, zse09, zse30, zse40 to report every day. We shall see.

1. upgrade to 136. 137 may be ok but haven't tried it.
      2. exclude/re-include all of them.
      3. set battery scan time to anything less than 12 hours (main device comes up normally with a scan interval of 12 hours after wakeup and rescan) (zse40 main device comes up with a 1 hour scan time, I set it to 12 also).
      4. uncheck box "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" on configuration tab for the battery child device.
      5. wake them up again, hit button 3 times to get the battery to report after above steps.

If you still don't get some of them to report then delete all of the child devices (not main) (read this in another post), wake it up, and do a rescan of the main device. Rename child devices. That seemed to fix the stubborn ones.

Hope it helps.

Comment

I just purchased a Zooz ZSE30 water sensor.

I was able to add it after a couple of tries and got four devices: Battery, Root, Notification and Binary.

I am able to test connectivity on the node after waking it up. I am not able to run any sort of optimize. I don't know if this is an issue because I plan to mount the water sensor in the laundry room which is only about 10 feet from the Z-Net.

I tried getting the sensor wet a couple of times close to the Z-Net, the siren works, but I get nothing in Homeseer? Is there something I have to do to get it to trigger in HS3? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
          I just purchased a Zooz ZSE30 water sensor.

I was able to add it after a couple of tries and got four devices: Battery, Root, Notification and Binary.

I am able to test connectivity on the node after waking it up. I am not able to run any sort of optimize. I don't know if this is an issue because I plan to mount the water sensor in the laundry room which is only about 10 feet from the Z-Net.

I tried getting the sensor wet a couple of times close to the Z-Net, the siren works, but I get nothing in Homeseer? Is there something I have to do to get it to trigger in HS3? Thanks.
          The devices you list are correct for that device. The device will wake up only after you press the button 3 times fast and then wait a second for the led to stop blinking and then try your optimize. Be close to the Z-Net.

As far as not seeing the sensor results after placing in water is because as soon as you remove it from the water it goes back to the original state. So you will need to hold it while you are in front of HS3 and moisten two of the contacts to get a response on the UI screen.

There is ongoing testing being done at Zooz about the problem with it not reporting the battery status on a daily basis. I am waiting for their test results and fix.

Comment

Thanks - it was a timing issue - I wasn't waiting for the LED to stop flashing before I ran the optimize.

Comment

To make it more fun I woke up this morning and the unit was completely gone in Homeseer. No evidence that it ever existed. Had to re-add it. Also it is apparently a good practice to keep pushing the wakeup switch in any battery powered z-wave device until it has added all of the components. Invariably these devices will go to sleep before Homeseer finishes.

Comment

Was there any success on this? I am still having issues with my Zooz ZSE30 water sensor. It works and reports leaks, which is the most important thing. However I have never gotten the battery to report. If I wake it up I get a battery reporting - always 100%. When I scan the device it tells me it is set to 12 hour reporting. When I try to change it to anything else it gives me an error.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 7.32.34 AM.png
Views:	115
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	1395283Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 7.33.03 AM.png
Views:	77
Size:	421.4 KB
ID:	1395284
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 7.35.33 AM.png