Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bali Shades - anyone use them? Is there a script or plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bali Shades - anyone use them? Is there a script or plugin?

Looking to dive into motorized shades for 16 windows... so I want to make sure the new Bali Zwave native motors (which I suspect are Somfy?) can be properly and fully controlled/sync multiples/etc using Homeseer.

thx for the input!

I just bought some Bali shades (not here yet) and they are somfy, they are not native z-wave you need a ZRTSI box/interface to convert the 433mhz somfy shades to z-wave.

I choose to skip that and use a RFXCOM unit with plugin mostly due to cost, range and use ability.

I don't have much experience besides reading at this point as all my stuff is still waiting to be delivered.

Comment

Well altho I can't find any info on Bali website or Somfy website (doesn't mean its not there) I can find info on this on the Smartthings website.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/...e-device/60751

If what they are saying is true the blinds I ordered are already z-wave as my bali blinds have a the same small "autoview" remote. I have ordered a RFXCOM which if the above is true can get returned. My blinds are not scheduled to be delivered until the 10th (over a week from now) so until then I can read but not test.

Also found on the smarthings forum is the saler https://www.zebrablinds.com/smart-ho...lectric-shades

Which says they are using the same motors and such with build in z-wave from somfy.

EDIT: So I chatted with zebrablinds and found that they use Graber blinds. Graber is a parent company of Bali and bali is the box box store brand. The motors are somfy but the z-wave is done by graber. Here was their exact words.

"The motors are made by somfy, however the intellectual rights belong to Graber since it uses a custom z-wave interface"

So looks like my blinds are built in z-wave possibly. Great info.

Comment

Well that's what i have being delivered on the 10th bought threw homedepot. So I'll follow up this post then with how they include and work.

Thanks for the revelation. Looks like I can return my Rfxcom unit.

Comment

And they are here! The Bali "autoview" are indeed z-wave plus. They have a button and a light on the end of them for inclusion and exclusion. Looks like they made the end cap the antenna z-wave modal, button, light and such all into an end cap. It added directly to homeseer and created 3 child devices as seen in the pics. I still haven't had them more then an hour nor tested them to hard or set events yet. But if you have any questions I'll try and test them for you. Here is some pics to help show how it works.
          Attached Files

Comment

And some more pics.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by integlikewhoa; July 7, 2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

So I have added one blind and one remote. The remotes adds as a scene controller and allows me to associate it directly to the blinds for remote control along with control inside homeSeer. Both seem to work fine so far.

HomeSeer allows dim % (had to setup my upper and lower limits first).

The binary switch works but not sure why it's needed.

The device with the up and down and slider. Up is full up, Down is full down, and the slider allow you to set in the middle.

Not sure if it reading wrong or they gave me some dead battery, but the remote control says low battery. The blinds came with 8 Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA's that I had to load into the battery holder. Battery holder connects to blinds via a Micro USB plug. Battery holder also allows another pack to be daisy chained. I had the option for a double pack when i bought these blinds. I think it was like 30ish more. I can now see the back of the back has a female connection and the front has a male to they can be connected inline for more mAH I guess. I have no idea on how long these batteries will last so not sure if it would have been a good idea or not for me to double up. Time will tell, but I'm sure I could find another pack and plug in at a later time if needed.

Comment

Just another update and loving them so far.

Video here of them in action. https://youtu.be/nIJhdKq4Jn4

Added them to my Imperihome. Added both the dimmer and a string status to read out open or closed or the % they are currently open.
                Attached Files

Comment

Requested by someone else I also made this video with local control (not wanting to wall mount the mini bali remote each blind comes with and it does come with wall mounting hardware if you choose to go that route). I created a quick event for the room dimmer switch for a double tap up or down to raise or lower both blinds in the room. Using the HomeSeer dimmer switch ofcourse.

https://youtu.be/5XE23aEScTs

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                    Requested by someone else I also made this video with local control (not wanting to wall mount the mini bali remote each blind comes with and it does come with wall mounting hardware if you choose to go that route). I created a quick event for the room dimmer switch for a double tap up or down to raise or lower both blinds in the room. Using the HomeSeer dimmer switch ofcourse.

Supercool! Congrats on the job well done. Can you order these online, or do you have to custom order at the store?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                      Supercool! Congrats on the job well done. Can you order these online, or do you have to custom order at the store?
                      You can order online. Same price I just did in store due to any issues i just go back to store and have them box it up and deal with it.

Comment

I'm going to buy through Lowes or Home Depot... I'm buying so many its worth letting them be on the hook for issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                          I'm going to buy through Lowes or Home Depot... I'm buying so many its worth letting them be on the hook for issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                          Thanks for your original info on them. I was not expecting my order to come zwave installed.

Did all your questions get answered in my last few posts?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post

what is that on Your front wall? [emoji3]

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                              what is that on Your front wall? [emoji3]

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
                              Not sure im following? This is a newly remodeled master bedroom and not shown bathroom. The closet is on the back wall and the windows are on the side walls. The front wall towards the street is behind me and not shown.

Base and crown moldings were installed today and still a few projects left before furniture, tv and such.

Comment

Working...
                              X