Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bali Shades - anyone use them? Is there a script or plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shades need to be added by themselves using the button on the end cap. The remotes can be added also but that's a switch. So they are two different units.

The remotes show battery level and on/off like a scene controller.

Comment

very NICE

Comment

No plugins or scripts required.
        The Bali shades and remotes are native Z-Wave using relatively latest firmware and are automatically supported by HomeSeer out of the box. No plugins required.

The remotes are Scene controllers so they can do different things when associated with HS3 or they can directly control the shade. I recommend using them to directly control the shade.

I have my shades go up a little before sunrise and down a little after sunset which is when it's getting really dark out. Then the remotes allow manual control of each shade. The button on the shade itself is a pain to press and it's not at all obvious that it's a button. But that does work if all else fails.

If you power them using a 12V power supply, then you don't have to bother with batteries which is really nice. The batteries last about a year going up/down on average once/day. But they are lithium batteries and there are 8 of them so you have to buy them in bulk or they are pretty expensive. Also make sure you replace them as soon as the shade stops going all the way up (or reported low battery by HS3). The shade goes down easier than it goes up so when the batteries are low it can't raise the shade but it can still lower it. But to change the batteries you need the shade all the way up so change them before it gets stuck in the down position.
        Last edited by DrZWave; November 26, 2017, 07:48 PM. Reason: correction on scene control.

Comment

Are you able to program both the included autoview remote and homeseer/isy with the shades? I ordered some and have been able to add the blinds to ISY but when I do that, it seems the remote stops working. I then re-program the remote to work with the blinds and ISY side stops working. Seems like it can only link to one at a time. Any one else have that problem or maybe I am linking them wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by conepuppy View Post
            Are you able to program both the included autoview remote and homeseer/isy with the shades? I ordered some and have been able to add the blinds to ISY but when I do that, it seems the remote stops working. I then re-program the remote to work with the blinds and ISY side stops working. Seems like it can only link to one at a time. Any one else have that problem or maybe I am linking them wrong?
            I have Mine both working off the remotes and homeseer. I think the instructions specify how to add a 2nd item. But i dont use my remotes. Also I'm not sure what ISY is and dont have that. My remotes are the autoview remotes and they are just wireless scene controllers. I added them to HomeSeer.

Sounds so I'm all zwave, sounds like you might be mixing systems.

Comment

I figured it out. You do need to exclude the remote, re-add the remote as a secondary device to the blinds/shades for them to work together. All working good now. Thanks for the thread on all this, was very helpful information!

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                I have Mine both working off the remotes and homeseer. I think the instructions specify how to add a 2nd item. But i dont use my remotes. Also I'm not sure what ISY is and dont have that. My remotes are the autoview remotes and they are just wireless scene controllers. I added them to HomeSeer.

Sounds so I'm all zwave, sounds like you might be mixing systems.
                I can't for the life of me add the remote after I very easily added the Bali autoview shade to HS3. Does the remote need to be added to HS3 as well? If so, that I can't do either. Irrespective whether I try to add the remote directly to the shade as a primary or secondary controller, it just doesn't take the inclusion. I have 2 shades and different remotes but no joy. I have been following the instructions to include but I must be missing a step. I made sure the remotes went through the exclusion/reset routine.
                I see at least 2 people here did it or "figured it out". Care to share how you did it?

Thanks,

Dirk
                ps for those looking for automated shades, these are great!

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                  I can't for the life of me add the remote after I very easily added the Bali autoview shade to HS3. Does the remote need to be added to HS3 as well? If so, that I can't do either. Irrespective whether I try to add the remote directly to the shade as a primary or secondary controller, it just doesn't take the inclusion. I have 2 shades and different remotes but no joy. I have been following the instructions to include but I must be missing a step. I made sure the remotes went through the exclusion/reset routine.
                  I see at least 2 people here did it or "figured it out". Care to share how you did it?

Thanks,

Dirk
                  ps for those looking for automated shades, these are great!
                  I know I did it many months ago but besides following the diections I have no idea how i did it. Also I don't think I could even tell you where the remotes are. I have never used them.

Comment

How to add bali autoview shades to HS and remote

Found it here:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mTF8uF7jnE

You need to add the remotes to HS as well but you do that by being in close proximity of your controller and hold the "include" button until LED turns green flashing. This step was all but properly described in the user doc.

Once you include remotes to HS, you can easily add them to the shades as secondary remotes as described by the user doc (short click on "include").

Hope this will help someone out there or if I forget I'll be able to find it here captured.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by DrZWave View Post
                      I have 6 of these z-wave shades in my sunroom.
                      One is solar powered which works great for the shade on the slider which is bigger than the others and obviously heavier. The original battery only lasted maybe 6 mo but the solar power option has always been at 100%. I haven't tried just putting it up and down constantly until the batteries die which sounds like fun - hmmm...
                      The shades go down at 30 min after sunset (which is when it usually gets pretty dark here) and up at sunrise. The ones on the east side go down in the morning in summer to keep it from heating up too much but then go up at 1pm when the sun is no longer shining in.

All the shades are individually controlled with Alexa and I (and my wife - serious WAF+) can control them as a group. Normally use Alexa instead of the remotes.
                      DrZWave, could you post a screenshot of your "status graphics" tab for the multilevel switch associated with one of your shades that works with Alexa? Right now when I tell Alexa to put the shade "Up" she only takes it up a little bit. If I say "Up" again, she takes it up a little more (same increment). Same with "Down". If I tell her percentages (100%, 0%) she takes it all the way. Want to get up and down to work all the way (or maybe add an "Open" and "Closed" state for the full open/full closed positions), and think it has to do with how the values are setup on my status graphics page. (see mine below). Thx!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                        Supercool! Congrats on the job well done. Can you order these online, or do you have to custom order at the store?
                        Sorry to bump and old thread - but no others on this topic as good. Confused - how did you get a wall mounted zwave switch to control blinds?

Comment

Originally posted by txcanes View Post
                          Sorry to bump and old thread - but no others on this topic as good. Confused - how did you get a wall mounted zwave switch to control blinds?
                          Which switch are you talking about or which person are you talking to?

My Bali blinds came with a small single button zwave switch which I didnt use. I used the double tap on my homeseer zwave light switches.

Comment

I actually need a solution to draw binds/curtains horizontally... Is there such a thing? I have a baby grand which is too close to the windows and I always need to draw the curtain manually. The curtain moves easy as the rod is one of those big thick types with the rings.

Maintaining consistent temperatures and humidity are important.

Robert
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

If your blinds/curtains have a pull-cord or pull-chain, something like this might work.
                              https://www.smarthomeusa.com/add-a-m...sting-drapery/
                              Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                                Which switch are you talking about or which person are you talking to?

My Bali blinds came with a small single button zwave switch which I didnt use. I used the double tap on my homeseer zwave light switches.
                                How did you set up the doubletap on homeseer zwave light switch?

Comment

Working...
                                X