Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bali Shades - anyone use them? Is there a script or plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txcanes View Post
    How did you set up the doubletap on homeseer zwave light switch?
    Create an event stating that when double tap up raise blind. Make another event when double tap down close blind. Do you have hoemseer switches and have you setup any double tap or triple tap events? It's pretty straight forward. Let me know if you need more help.

Comment

ZebraBlinds.com is now selling the solar power options. Must be a high profit item as its just a solar cell and some batteries so shouldn't cost half of this!
      https://www.zebrablinds.com/solar-power

Comment

Hey Folks. Hoping for some help. I've got a bunch of these Bali blinds and so far I am really liking them. I have a few questions though.

1. When I set up a new blind, it creates a ton of device entries. See the screenshot below

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 11.48.03 AM.png
Views:	826
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1292852
        I've changed the names, but I think the bottom two were originally "Switch" and "Multi-level" before modifying them. What exactly is the difference between these two? I know switch doesn't have the slider, but multi-level had on/off which I renamed and they do exactly the same thing as the switch as far as I can tell. I've hidden switch from Mobile views because I think the interface looks cleaner without both of them and I get the same functionality from just showing multi-level.

Name:	IMG_1345.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1292853

It seems to be working just fine, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something without having switch available.

2. What does "Last" actually do? I thought it would go to whatever the last multi-level setting the blind was at before going full on/off. That doesn't appear to be the case. It just goes to about 50%. Is a better label for that button "memory" or "pre-set" than calling it last? If that is the case, how do I change that pre-set level?

3. I have a few scenes set up that use the blinds. When I hit "Movie Time" it turns on the project, slowly dims the lights, and closes the blinds. It's pretty awesome. I just set an action to control a device and set each shade to closed using the mutltilevel closed function in stead of the switch.

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 12.02.28 PM.png
Views:	774
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1292854
        *Most* of the time it works as expected. Sometimes one or two of the shades will get about half way and then kind of slowly stop moving. It ONLY happens when I use them in scenes. The batteries are fine as well. My current theories are 1) I should be using switch instead of multi-level or 2) Sending 3 z-wave commands simultaneously is making the network choke.

Most of my devices are Insteon so I'm not very familiar with z-wave. Insteon has a group functionality for sending commands to multiple devices at the same time. It's more efficient and makes them all respond at the same time. Is there a group functionality for z-wave that I should be using instead?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated! These blinds are fantastic though. I have them in my office, master bedroom, and our theater. I think I'll get them for the rest of the house soon based on how happy we are with the ones we have now!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          Hey Folks. Hoping for some help. I've got a bunch of these Bali blinds and so far I am really liking them. I have a few questions though.

1. When I set up a new blind, it creates a ton of device entries. See the screenshot below

I've changed the names, but I think the bottom two were originally "Switch" and "Multi-level" before modifying them. What exactly is the difference between these two? I know switch doesn't have the slider, but multi-level had on/off which I renamed and they do exactly the same thing as the switch as far as I can tell. I've hidden switch from Mobile views because I think the interface looks cleaner without both of them and I get the same functionality from just showing multi-level.

It seems to be working just fine, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something without having switch available.

2. What does "Last" actually do? I thought it would go to whatever the last multi-level setting the blind was at before going full on/off. That doesn't appear to be the case. It just goes to about 50%. Is a better label for that button "memory" or "pre-set" than calling it last? If that is the case, how do I change that pre-set level?

3. I have a few scenes set up that use the blinds. When I hit "Movie Time" it turns on the project, slowly dims the lights, and closes the blinds. It's pretty awesome. I just set an action to control a device and set each shade to closed using the mutltilevel closed function in stead of the switch.

*Most* of the time it works as expected. Sometimes one or two of the shades will get about half way and then kind of slowly stop moving. It ONLY happens when I use them in scenes. The batteries are fine as well. My current theories are 1) I should be using switch instead of multi-level or 2) Sending 3 z-wave commands simultaneously is making the network choke.

Most of my devices are Insteon so I'm not very familiar with z-wave. Insteon has a group functionality for sending commands to multiple devices at the same time. It's more efficient and makes them all respond at the same time. Is there a group functionality for z-wave that I should be using instead?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated! These blinds are fantastic though. I have them in my office, master bedroom, and our theater. I think I'll get them for the rest of the house soon based on how happy we are with the ones we have now!
          I just bought a few of these too and they are working well for me.

Switch just opens and closes them, but the multilevel device lets you set them to any height. Last seems to be some kind of preset, you can change what it's called on the Status Graphics tab for that device. Not sure how to change the pre-set position as I don't use it. Edit: the "Home" position can be set with the remote. See the manual for details.

For the scene, try using the switch devices instead if you are just closing them. Z-Wave does have group-functionality (call Z-Wave Scene), but I don't believe the blinds support that.

As an FYI, I created a script to determine the position of the sun that I use to open and close my blinds depending on where the sun is (and other factors). See here for the details: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...osition-script

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yeah, I saw that script. I'm definitely going to check it out next. Thanks for the hard work.

I know that switch is only open/close and multilevel lets you pick but it ALSO has open/close options. I was just wonder if there is a difference between the two? It sounds like from your comment above that using switch for open/close events is preferred? I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.

Comment

Just getting started with Zebra Blinds (Zwave Plus). Quick question, can the upper/lower limits be changed after inclusion into HS or does it have to be done out of the box?
              Also, how exactly do you set a percentage position using the slider? Does it work as is or do you have to create some sort of event?
              TIA!

Comment

Originally posted by D14 View Post
                Just getting started with Zebra Blinds (Zwave Plus). Quick question, can the upper/lower limits be changed after inclusion into HS or does it have to be done out of the box?
                Also, how exactly do you set a percentage position using the slider? Does it work as is or do you have to create some sort of event?
                TIA!
                Are these the same as Bali/Graber shades? The instructions indicate to set the limits prior to inclusion. If you have already included it, then give it a try and if it does not work, exclude, set the limits and then re-include. Which slider are you talking about? On the Device Management page? Then yes, it works as is without having to create events.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  Are these the same as Bali/Graber shades?
                  Yes, Zebra Sales the Graber brand blinds. Which is the same you get in the box orange box stores that is labeled as Bali.

It was just cheaper on easier and better return policy to get them at the local Home Depot. They regularly run 20-30% off specials alot too.

Comment

Yes, I was unable to set the limits within HS. Had to exclude and use the included remote.
                    I did notice that once the limit was set (with the original remote) and after inclusion in HS, the blind limits moved 1/2 inch or so. Maybe when I excluded (from the original remote) I somehow change the limits. I guess I will play with it.
                    Yes, I did price the Bali blinds at HD and Zebra Blinds came in at a significant discount. It is possible that Home Depot was not running a sale at that time. This is a new construction so I only ordered the blinds for the bedrooms. I guess when is time to finish the rest I will check out Home Depot again.
                    Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                      And some more pics.
                      How did you go about and add the 2 button remote control that come with each blind?
                      I have all 6 of my Somfy shades (we have the exact same one and color LOL) to smart things and have the blinds and the mini remotes in Smart things. I de-assocociated one of the blinds and remotes to test it out adding to Homeseer. However I got the Blinds added to Homeseer but I 1) cannot get the mini remote paired to the blind now as a secondary controller and 2) I cannot get the mini remote added, found or included in Homeseer using the Z-Plus app.

Mainly I need the mini remote app for when I have guests over or my wife and dont have access to Homeseer app to open and control the blinds.

You can see the 1 blind I have added so far.

Any help or sugestions?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jdkluck View Post

How did you go about and add the 2 button remote control that come with each blind?
                        I have all 6 of my Somfy shades (we have the exact same one and color LOL) to smart things and have the blinds and the mini remotes in Smart things. I de-assocociated one of the blinds and remotes to test it out adding to Homeseer. However I got the Blinds added to Homeseer but I 1) cannot get the mini remote paired to the blind now as a secondary controller and 2) I cannot get the mini remote added, found or included in Homeseer using the Z-Plus app.

Mainly I need the mini remote app for when I have guests over or my wife and dont have access to Homeseer app to open and control the blinds.

You can see the 1 blind I have added so far.

Any help or sugestions?
                        I followed the steps in the manual exactly and had no issue adding the two-button remotes that way to the blinds nor to HomeSeer. Maybe try removing/excluding the remote first using HS.

Comment

I didn't have any trouble adding per the instructions. But I never use them. I use double tap up and double tap down on the light switch to open and close the blinds in that room.

Comment

Thanks sparkman and itegelikewhoa.
                            Could not get the remote to exclude using the HS at all, but finally by odd conincidence when trying to it added. So now going to see if when I try another window later today will see if I have any issue adding the other mini remotes.

Yeah if I plan to use my Homeseer switches and dimmers to control the blinds but still need the others since if people dont know about the multi tap when visiting the house they can see the remotes and can just control them that way.

Thanks for all the help. I will let you all know how it goes later today.

Comment

OK, this is driving me nuts.
                              Blinds enroll perfectly in HS but the up/down limits change by 1 inch or so (enough to make it really annoying on the down position. Has anybody else have this problem?
                              BTW, blind limits were right on with the Graber remote and before enrolling on HS3.
                              This is happening with all the blinds.
                              Thanks!

Comment

So maybe if I read the entire instruction manual I would have saved myself some time.
                                Once the blinds and the Graber remote are enrolled in HS, the Graber remote can be added (via the actual motor) as a secondary controller and it will retain full functionality to include setting all the limits.

Comment

Working...
                                X