Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to interface with a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone was successful in getting HS3 to control a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan operating at 315Mhz? I bought a zwave Vision micro switch only to find the that the fan is only controllable using an RF remote...

I have a Hook Smarthome device, but I can't get it to learn any of the remote control key presses. I googled around and found a few DIY solutions which appear to be a little more involved than I'm prepared to try right now.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone was successful in getting HS3 to control a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan operating at 315Mhz? I bought a zwave Vision micro switch only to find the that the fan is only controllable using an RF remote...

I have a Hook Smarthome device, but I can't get it to learn any of the remote control key presses. I googled around and found a few DIY solutions which appear to be a little more involved than I'm prepared to try right now.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    How much are you prepared to do? It fairly easy to lower fan, and install a new one.

As far as direct communication with the harbor breeze 315Mhz and then get that into HomeSeer with some type of interface. Not going to be so easy or cheap I think.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
      How much are you prepared to do? It fairly easy to lower fan, and install a new one.

As far as direct communication with the harbor breeze 315Mhz and then get that into HomeSeer with some type of interface. Not going to be so easy or cheap I think.
      The problem is probably more financial for replacing the fan. I took the fan apart and located the main controller, but couldn't find a good way to tie into it. I think I could have added the micro switch to the lighting wire, but it has little benefit since we don't use it much.

I already have a Hook Smarthome device that learns RF commands, but I can't get it to pickup on the fan remote. I've got a separate post in for help on that which I'll share if it's fruitfull.

Comment

Do a search on this board. I remember several discussions about controlling ceiling fans via RF.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
        X