Event double's and crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event double's and crash

I've just started seeing doubles for values and events when I'm trying to edit. If I make any change the screen crashes with text all over the screen . I can reopen a new window with the same result... I have rebooted the PC & Restarted the program.

I'm not sure what is doing this or how to fix it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	what.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1211264

Click image for larger version

Name:	event 2.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1211265

Devoir

Hello devoir!

Which browser do you use? Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox?

Sometimes such things happen if you try to change values before fetching the answers of the server after other changes.

Or there are javascript errors that prevent the proper function.

Have you tried to clear the browsers cache?

Regards,
    Chris

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

Browser...

I use Firefox....

Comment

Browser

And Goggle Chrome.....

Devoir

Comment

Browser

and on multiple computers remote to the HS3 system

Comment

Browser

Clearing the Web Browser cache did not work to correct this double issue

Comment

Have you tried reverting to a backup copy of your database?
              Backups are created automatically in the Data/Backup sub-directory. Start with the most recent one saved before the problem started.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I will try that on Saturday....

This database stability is getting a little old...... Having to make backups often and using them so frequently starting to paint a different picture on this product....

Uncle Mike thanks for the direction

Devoir

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
                  This database stability is getting a little old...... Having to make backups often and using them so frequently starting to paint a different picture on this product....
                  FWIW, I haven't had a database issue in a very long time.

That said, it is true that HS does not handle forced shutdowns well and you need to treat additions and changes to devices and events with care. There is clearly room for improvement, but I've found that working deliberately and being careful goes a long way to mitigate the problem.
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Fixed

Uncle Mike thanks for the suggestion. I used a back up from a month ago, the problem seems to have vanished .....

Thank goodness for BLades backup plug-in those daily , weekly , monthly are paying off....

I have no clue what caused this... it has been resolved for now....

Devoir

Comment

Working...
                    X