Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tail logs ?

Hello,

I'm having a problem where the Z-Wave interface stops working at least once a day with this error:
    UZB: The UZB interface did not respond to the request for the controller capabilities - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (3).

Support has been mostly un-helpful, and unwilling to do much because it's running on Linux.

So I thought I could run a script and if it detects to or more of these errors in sequence, restart HS3.
    However the log appears to be an SQLite database, not plain text.
    Any ideas on how to handle the log in this case?

Thanks!

Originally posted by emiliosic View Post
    Hello,

I'm having a problem where the Z-Wave interface stops working at least once a day with this error:
    UZB: The UZB interface did not respond to the request for the controller capabilities - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (3).

Support has been mostly un-helpful, and unwilling to do much because it's running on Linux.

So I thought I could run a script and if it detects to or more of these errors in sequence, restart HS3.
    However the log appears to be an SQLite database, not plain text.
    Any ideas on how to handle the log in this case?

Thanks!
    I use UltraLog3 plug-in for monitoring and archiving the log. There are built in triggers that can be used in events to perform any action. Jon00 and Blade also have a log monitoring script and plug-in.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

You can also utilize tail -f relating to the hardware interface bypassing the mono interface just to check on the hardware for disconnects.

tail -f dmesg

[ 2.310601] usb 3-1.1: Edgeport 8 port adapter converter now attached to ttyUSB0
      [ 2.310690] usb 3-1.1: Edgeport 8 port adapter converter now attached to ttyUSB1
      [ 2.310794] usb 3-1.1: Edgeport 8 port adapter converter now attached to ttyUSB2
      [ 2.310893] usb 3-1.1: Edgeport 8 port adapter converter now attached to ttyUSB3
      [ 2.310977] usb 3-1.1: Edgeport 8 port adapter converter now attached to ttyUSB4
      [ 2.311068] usb 3-1.1: Edgeport 8 port adapter converter now attached to ttyUSB5
      [ 2.311142] usb 3-1.1: Edgeport 8 port adapter converter now attached to ttyUSB6
      [ 2.311215] usb 3-1.1: Edgeport 8 port adapter converter now attached to ttyUSB7

Recently been doing more with my ZNet like RPi2 - GPIO ZWave dot me card combo 1-wire hub such that I am watching the hardware for disconnects.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I use UltraLog3 plug-in for monitoring and archiving the log. There are built in triggers that can be used in events to perform any action. Jon00 and Blade also have a log monitoring script and plug-in.
        Ultralog3 looks great but I'm not ready to buy it yet to try solving an internal stability issue with HS3.
        Could you please point me to the scripts? I've been looking at the script programming documentation but the section about log is a bit light and I'm not that familiar with VB.Net or C# scripting

Comment

I run HS3 in a Linux "screen" session. For instance, start HS3 like this:

cd /HomeSeer
          su -c "/usr/bin/screen -S $NAME -L -d -m ./go" $USER

Substiture $NAME for the name of the session and $USER for the user you want HS3 to use.

A simple grep statement checking screenlog.0 that runs every 10 minutes from cron makes it possible to take action on certain log entries.

Also, screen makes reconnecting to the HS3 console very easy, even between SSH sessions.
          stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by emiliosic View Post
            Ultralog3 looks great but I'm not ready to buy it yet to try solving an internal stability issue with HS3.
            Could you please point me to the scripts? I've been looking at the script programming documentation but the section about log is a bit light and I'm not that familiar with VB.Net or C# scripting
            You can try the plug-in for 30 days without purchasing. The reason I use Ultra's is the long term log storage in a separate database is handy.

Jon00 has a script here:

https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167046

He doesn't charge for scripts, but he does appreciate and deserve a donation if you find them useful.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              tail -f dmesg
              You mean

dmesg | tail -f

?

Comment

Thank you zwolfpack
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I noticed that on Linux, Homeseer streams its logs to syslog, so wrote a shell script that kills the mono processes when it counts multiple z-wave failures.

Comment

Working...
                  X