Moved HS3 to new computer/new location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved HS3 to new computer/new location

I have moved my HS3 to a new computer in a new location. I'm having trouble with my battery operated Zwave devices that are far away. From reading various threads, it looks like I need to rebuild the mesh network with my hardwired devices. What is the best way to get them working well? Should I optimize each hardwired device, then the whole network and then add these devices? It seems there is a specific method, but I am unsure how to proceed. Thanks!

I have only done this last weekend and the location was different too.

The process after moving was:
    Test network connection.
    Identified unresponsive devices... there was only two.
    For the unresponsive devices, tried optimising but ended up just including which identified them as already being part of the network.
    Included the battery devices (as above) but may or may not have been required
    Fully optimised network.
    Turned on repair network

Comment

Here utilizing my old POE connected RPi2 as a ZNet like device in the center of the house attic.

It has never been moved. The RPi2 is using the GPIO Z-Wave card.

I did similar here with the old Z-Troller / HS2 many years ago connecting it to a serial server on the second floor of the home.

Moving over to the ZNet you wouldn't have to worry much about where your main mothership was located.

IE: here my HS3 boxes are in the basement in a metal shelf in a two story home.

Well testing three Z-Wave controllers - Leviton VRCOP, Samsung Smarthings hub (main floor) and the ZNet like device in the attic.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X