Status Graphics not staying permanent. Keeps resetting to default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status Graphics not staying permanent. Keeps resetting to default

I have changed the default images in the status graphics tab on devices and they are not staying permanent. I change them, test them, and everything seems OK and I think when I reboot HS3 they change back to the default images. Am I doing something wrong or can you not change the default images. Why is the edit ability there?

Current Date/Time: 8/10/2017 7:45:57 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.349
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 14 Hours 9 Minutes 1 Second
    IP Address: 192.168.1.11
    Number of Devices: 79
    Number of Events: 34
    Available Threads: 1023

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.38: EnvisaLink
    1.0.17205.396: MyQ
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Originally posted by Sparky4460 View Post
    I have changed the default images in the status graphics tab on devices and they are not staying permanent. I change them, test them, and everything seems OK and I think when I reboot HS3 they change back to the default images. Am I doing something wrong or can you not change the default images. Why is the edit ability there?

Current Date/Time: 8/10/2017 7:45:57 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.349
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 14 Hours 9 Minutes 1 Second
    IP Address: 192.168.1.11
    Number of Devices: 79
    Number of Events: 34
    Available Threads: 1023

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.38: EnvisaLink
    1.0.17205.396: MyQ
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    That is not normal. I have hundreds of devices that have custom graphics that have remained through many restarts and software updates.

Are you going into the device and editing the status graphics to use a different file name and having it revert to the original file name after a restart?

We need to know exactly what is happening to try to help you.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I think he/she is referring to the classic vs. contemporary icons. Yes, if you select classic they revert to contemporary at their own will. Everything is trying to force this bland and flat UI down our throats.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        I think he/she is referring to the classic vs. contemporary icons. Yes, if you select classic they revert to contemporary at their own will. Everything is trying to force this bland and flat UI down our throats.
        I know mine reverts to Contemporary with any core update, it is another unaddressed issue since the theme choice was introduced. I have not ever seen mine change except with a version update of the core program, but it always changes with an update.

That is why I wanted a better description of what the OP was experiencing. If he is editing the filename under status graphics and it is reverting after a reboot as he described, that would have to be a database issue.

Comment

The mages are garage door status images in the status section. See attachment. I have changed them several times and they revert back I think when I reboot the server. This happened with version 318 and 349.
          Attached Files

Comment

The mages are garage door status images in the status section. See attachment. I have changed them several times and they revert back I think when I reboot the server. This happened with version 318 and 349.
            Is that device owned by a plug-in? It looks like the device created by the MyQ plug-in. If so the plug-in author may have it revert to graphics hard coded into the plug-in. The clue would be if the directory as well as the file name reverts on reboot. If this is the case replace the default image file the plug-in uses with your own graphics, putting them in the directory the plug-in uses and renaming them to match what the plug-in is expecting. If you want to post a screenshot of the Status Graphichs page after it reverts to the original file names.

EDIT: I just confirmed that the MyQ plug-in does NOT override custom graphics.

Can you explain if you are replacing files in the Status sub directory or are you editing the file name under the Status Graphics tab on the device?
            Last edited by randy; August 10, 2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Yes it is a plug-in and unfortunately I cannot do what you suggest (rename with their names) because they use the same image for open, opening and closing. I guess I will just have to put up with their images.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Comment

Yes it is a plug-in and unfortunately I cannot do what you suggest (rename with their names) because they use the same image for open, opening and closing. I guess I will just have to put up with their images.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
                Contact the plug-in author and request that image changes you make are persistent. He could have the plug-in add image files only if there are none associated. Most of the authors are responsive to such a request.

Comment

Working...
                X