after homeseer crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after homeseer crash

So once a while homeseer 3 pro crashes, this is not a big problem, just start hs3 again and it wil run.. but...

sometimes after starting it again i get an error: port already in use
    when this happens all settings are gone.

i have to add serverport = 83 to settings.ini again and all plugin are shutdown and com port settings are also gone (all set to comport 1)

what is the reason this happens, it is very annoying.

Is there some other application or server on your system grabbing control of the HS3 predefined port. Maybe if you try to change the predefined HS3 port or run Portchecker to see what ports are being used. Have you got your HS3 server port forwarded to the correct port or are you using a static ip address.

Comment

What hardware are you running HS3 on? The settings should be saved after you set them unless an error is occurring.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
        Is there some other application or server on your system grabbing control of the HS3 predefined port. Maybe if you try to change the predefined HS3 port or run Portchecker to see what ports are being used. Have you got your HS3 server port forwarded to the correct port or are you using a static ip address.
        hs3 is Always running on port 83, it's a added rule in settings.ini
        but, sometimes after a hs3 restart, that rule is gone, every plugin is disabled and every comport used by plugin is changed to 1.

this is not Always, if it happens, i have to add the webserver port=83 to settings.ini, enable every plugin and change the comports to the correct ones.

some other thing that changes:
        all the setup like:
        lattitude
        fahrenheid
        email settings

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          What hardware are you running HS3 on? The settings should be saved after you set them unless an error is occurring.
          standard i5, windows 7 with a ssd, nothing fancy

this happens sometimes...

edit:
          it works sometimes for months, even after a couple of restarts, but then......

Comment

Sometimes HS3 looses the settings.ini when it crashes because it was wrtting to the same ini. Often you can find a .bak file in the config directory. stop HS3 and rename the .bak file.
            If this does not work, you could also restore a backup of the config directory and start HS3 from beginning.

The port change is because HS3 is reverting to defaults.

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Sometimes HS3 looses the settings.ini when it crashes because it was wrtting to the same ini. Often you can find a .bak file in the config directory. stop HS3 and rename the .bak file.
              If this does not work, you could also restore a backup of the config directory and start HS3 from beginning.

The port change is because HS3 is reverting to defaults.

Wim
              i just made a copy of the ini file, if it happens again i will copy it to the hs3 directory.
              hope that everything will be as it should.

Comment

I am creating a daily backup here. I have (not lately) had my share of different situation where ini's or even the HS3 database became corrupted.
                If you do this regularly, you will even have that option you'd decide to change in a week or three
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post
                  it works sometimes for months, even after a couple of restarts, but then......
                  Finding the cause of the HS3 crashes should be high on your list of priorities. That isn't typical behavior.

In the mean time, I'd highly recommend the BLBackup plug-in. It's free, and will allow you to make regular backup copies of your entire HS directory. If you set it up to store the copies on a different drive, it will not only give you an easy way to restore HS if files are corrupted by a crash, but it will also allow you to recover from a drive failure or other catastrophe.
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You should check the Windows event viewer for any clues as to why HS3 is crashing. I'm running on W7 and it runs for months at a time with no issues.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for all the tips and advice,
                      i think i have found the cause of the crash.
                      i disabled one plugin now and it's running flawless.

so if it stays this way i will remove that plugin completly.

Comment

Which plugin is it? I've also experienced the exact same thing with crashes and settings.ini.

Comment

in my case it is bldenon

Comment

Working...
                          X