Speaker Clients Gone - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Clients Gone - Solved!

I just upgraded to the lastest HS3 software version. I was feeling brave. Also updated to latest Z-Wave Beta version.

Everything appears to work but the system lost its speaker clients. I know TTS is working because my Sonos plugin does pay TTS when I direct the output to the Sonos system

But in events, in the selection box for speaker clients, my Ipads are no longer listed. HS3 Touch is running on those Ipads and working properly.

Any tips would be appreciated on troubleshooting this.

I also notice my prerecorded sound files are not playing anymore.

What OS are you running Homeseer on?
    What version of Homeseer did you update to?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

This seems silly but I cannot find the HS3 version. I updated to whatever the latest update nag prompted - after I rebooted the system.

I am running this on the embedded Windows box that Homeseer sells as an S6pro

Windows embedded standard. Service pack 1

The speaker client program appears to be running properly.

I see TTS commands in my log.

The sonos plugin is directing some audio output to the sonos system.

But the working ipads that are local to my system are not connecting as speaker clients. They work properly in all other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by hiken View Post
        This seems silly but I cannot find the HS3 version.
        Tools > About HomeSeer or look on the HS3 GUI in the lower right hand corner.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.357 (Windows)

Comment

I found the issue.

At first I saw this thread:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190954

I did not think it applied to me because it references a missing default user.

But I want ahead and tried re-entering the password for the default user. Then I restarted each ipad and the speaker client connected.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X