Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Text to speech sound file available as MP3 or WAV ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text to speech sound file available as MP3 or WAV ?

Does the text to speech create sound files that we can re-purpose ?

Yes. Look in the wave_files folder under the HS3 folder. Each time you have HS3 speak something, it creates both a wave file and an mp3 file. You can copy these and rename them for re-use. Probably a good idea to place any copies in a folder you create, so that HS doesn't clean them up by accident.
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Thanks, that's perfect. I thought they were saved in the media folder but I totally missed the waves folder.

Comment

Not seeing any new WAV or MP3 files written to the wave_files folder.

I did do an upgrade from 297 to 357. That's a lot of updates so I am not sure if that would affect this.

I set an event to speak at a certain time and also manually initiated several speak events and none created a file in the queue folder.

Comment

Strange. I'm still on version 318, so maybe something changed in the newer versions. I checked this morning, mine is still creating them in wave_files.
          Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

I let HS3 run for a full day and then checked the folder. The folder is still empty after dozens of TTS announcements.

I am wondering if the caching of the TTS is only under certain conditions.

Comment

I think it depends if you are on Windows or Linux. On windows I don't think the file is written to disk.

Anyway, there is a SpeakToFile function in the HS API, that lets you create a wave file from text.

Comment

So would I be able to do something simple using an immediate script ?

That would solve my problem as I am trying to create some TTS recordings for a VOIP system.

Comment

As Spud suggested.

http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ia_speaktofile
                  Don

Comment

Thanks guys this will be useful.

Comment

it's strange,

I had before always that i get the spoken text in the wav folder as wav and mp3...

I'm always on windows 7...
                      But when i updated to a newer beta of homeseer i don't get the wav and mp3 anymore...

Is it possible to enable it from somewhere ?
                      Because all the spoken things like status of my network i always used the wav.. now i can't anymore..
                      And the script is no good alternative as i use it almost for everything that i get in speech.

regards
                      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Working...
                      X