Lost Events, Timers & Counters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Events, Timers & Counters

Something happened to my system. I am currently running "HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows)". This problem happened on a prier version that i do not know it's number. I update to the latest to see if it would correct my problem but it did not.
    This is how I found my system:
    80% of my Devices were gone.
    18 Events out of 20 were gone
    Timers & Counters were Gone.
    I did a full Scan and got back 50% of the devices in working order the other 50% I have to reinstall.
    My biggest problem is the Events as I had some complex ones that I really do not remember how I did them.

Where are the Events, Timers & Counter Data kept on the Hard Drive.
    I did a restore Config of a backup I did last week but it did not bring back the Events, Timers or Counters.

Some of the Devices Z-Wave tab has this Error
    Error: Z-Wave device has empty ROOT object, it may have lost its reference to the actual Z-Wave device,
    try resetting the Z-Wave database from
    Z-Wave Config

Comment

Originally posted by doctorpd View Post
      Something happened to my system. I am currently running "HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows)". This problem happened on a prier version that i do not know it's number. I update to the latest to see if it would correct my problem but it did not.
      This is how I found my system:
      80% of my Devices were gone.
      18 Events out of 20 were gone
      Timers & Counters were Gone.
      I did a full Scan and got back 50% of the devices in working order the other 50% I have to reinstall.
      My biggest problem is the Events as I had some complex ones that I really do not remember how I did them.

Where are the Events, Timers & Counter Data kept on the Hard Drive.
      I did a restore Config of a backup I did last week but it did not bring back the Events, Timers or Counters.
      All of these things are kept in the HS database, if you look in your \data directory for the files ending .hsd you should find this database. You should have ten copies of the database in this directory (in my case they go back a month), I would look for an oldish copy and then remember the filename. In HS setup page and look in the drop down for the configuration, you should have the same filenames here.

Because a good proportion of the Z-Wave data is kept in devices this is likely why you get the other warning.

Comment

Thanks a lot. That saved me a lot of work

Comment

Spoke too soon as I had to reinstall a lot of my Devices they now have different Nodes so the old .hsd file does not allow me to pick the new Notes. It shows all the old ones. Is there any way to refresh the Device dropdown list in the old .hsd file. I know I will have blank Devices in the Events but all I would have to do is reset them to the new Device Node.

Comment

Working...
          X