Copy Parts of an Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy Parts of an Event

Is there any way to be able to copy parts of an event over to another event instead of copying the whole event and having to change and/or delete all the entries? Things like copying parameters would be one instance. thanks

I'm afraid not. You just have to copy the entire event and then wack or modify what isn't suiting your needs.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      I'm afraid not. You just have to copy the entire event and then wack or modify what isn't suiting your needs.
      Could this be added in without a lot of difficulty. If we could check mark a few lines, copy, then paste that group into the end of another event, that would be great. Then simply dragging them where they need to be would be easy.

Comment

As I'm not developing HS nor am I able to code my way out of a paper bag I can't really say how easy it would be to implement this feature. I can say that it probably won't get added if you request it though as they have a lot on their plate as it is. There are things in the event engine that are busticated and have been for a long time that should be addressed first.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          As I'm not developing HS nor am I able to code my way out of a paper bag I can't really say how easy it would be to implement this feature. I can say that it probably won't get added if you request it though as they have a lot on their plate as it is. There are things in the event engine that are busticated and have been for a long time that should be addressed first.
          Agreed, there are a lot more things more important. I was just playing with the idea that if you could choose say andif's and orif's that it would be cool if they could be inserted below the current ones and above the then's. Then dragged to a position.

Also the then's could be inserted at the bottom of the existing then's and dragged into position.

Also had a crazy idea that it would be cool if you could actually drag a statement (which would copy it) from one event and put it into another. Ok, I will stop.

Comment

Working...
          X