Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am upgrading to HS3

Hi all, Just a FYI.

I have been working on converting over to HS3 and it has been really frustrating. I have had a lot of issues. try to make a long story short. I started upgrading from scratch. right now i just have a clean install of HS3 and loaded all the interfaces that i have to have.

1 HomeSeer X10 TI103
    2 RFXCOM
    3 JowiHue
    4 BLRadar

I have just added a few devices 4 X10 Motion sensors 6 HUE lights and 3 x10 modules.
    I have not been able to keep HS3 running for more then 1 hour before it either stops responding or it comes back with HS3 has stopped working. and sometimes it crashes with "out of memory" errors. i have plenty of memory.
    3 Events one to turn Hue light on when there is motion at night. and one that turns on the porch light when there is motion in the driveway and one Good night routine. that turn all light off.

I have HS2 on the same PC and it runs 99.9% of the time.

Problems with events- Some of the actions seem to come up missing. so i recreate the event and still the next day some of the actions are missing again. i did see post about this problem but it seemed to be fixed. i am using the latest version of HS3.

It may be me or i just do not understanding this part but sometimes i want to move and action or condition up or down within the event. in HS2 i just hit and up or down arrow. i know the events on HS3 do not fire in the order i set them up. like i might have some x10 light turn off as first thing to do but it ends up being last.

I have noticed that x10 commands are a lot slower on HS3 to fire.

I have had to recreate some events many times.

Not sure but i think that 2 of the plugins are giving me the grief JowiHue and
    BLRadar 1st guess would be JowiHue i have had a lot of problems with that one. and that is the main reason i wanted to upgrade to HS3 that and the integration of Alexa and Google home. i have to leave HS2 up at night because i can not count on HS3.

I do use Jon00 scrip/plugin in my HS2 and i do not have any problems with it just a lot harder and more code to write. but if i have to ill stay on HS2 and make the scripts for my HUE lights but i would really like the other functions in HS3.

I guess this week end i will uninstall and delete all HS3 dir and start over.

I really do not think it is the PC because everything else runs fine even HS2.

Any Advice that could help?

Might be worth mentioning what OS you are using. I've never upgraded from HS2 to HS3 but I reckon a clean install of HS3 and rebuild your system from scratch may be the way forward. If you get to that stage there's plenty of experts here that will guide you through the process.

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running? I ask because with some of the recent versions people were seeing the same symptoms you describe.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Welcome to Homeseer 3 Tim.

Homeseer 2 and Homeseer 3 are very different.

The event engine, GUI and methodologies are totally different in HS3 versus HS2.

As concordeer mentions it might be easier to build a new system and start from scratch on the Homeseer 3 build.

Relating to X10 and using Mark Fisher's X10 plugin here getting almost instantaneous reponses on my stuff. Try enabling debug and have a look see at communications.

Current release version of Homeseer 3 is .368 and current beta version is .379.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

As others have mentioned, you might want to navigate to Tools > Help, then copy and paste your system profile under the Message Board section.

You mentioned that HS3 keeps crashing on your, are you running Bit Defender on your PC? If so, I recommend turning it off and HS3 should no longer crash. We've reached out to Bit Defender about this issue but don't have any other resolution at the moment.

Comment

THanks all

Thanks for the replys

I will post my system profile after i do a clean install this week end.

Question which plugin is Mark Fisher's X10. is that not the one i downloaded from homeseer? or is it different plugin.

Comment

Same one. Mark volunteered to adjust / rewrite the Homeseer plugin.

I run Homeseer 3 in Linux.

Here is a start and end X10 command with debug on. I use an old chimer to test. The below sounded instantaneous to me.

Oct-26 3:14:40 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x4 0x66
              Oct-26 3:14:40 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Data sent, waiting for checksum From CM11a...
              Oct-26 3:14:40 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Received a good checksum: 0x6A
              Oct-26 3:14:40 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Send 0x00 to CM11a (command to transmit the data onto the power line).
              Oct-26 3:14:40 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Got ack of: 0x55
              Oct-26 3:14:40 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Success! 0.528 seconds for CM11a to send.
              Oct-26 3:14:40 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Sending 2 bytes: 0x6 0x62
              Oct-26 3:14:40 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Data sent, waiting for checksum From CM11a...
              Oct-26 3:14:40 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Received a good checksum: 0x68
              Oct-26 3:14:40 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Send 0x00 to CM11a (command to transmit the data onto the power line).
              Oct-26 3:14:41 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Got ack of: 0x55
              Oct-26 3:14:41 PM X10 DEBUG CM11A.SendIt(): Success! 0.004 seconds for CM11a to send.

Post your issues here ==> HomeSeer X10 Plug-in

For your crashing issues have a read here:

1 - Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.379
              2 - Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.368

Baby steps relating to learning Homeseer 3. I was an early adopter and still today learning Homeseer 3.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by tfraley1 View Post
                Question which plugin is Mark Fisher's X10. is that not the one i downloaded from homeseer? or is it different plugin.
                Mark has corrected some bugs in the HS X10 plug-in and added debug capability. They are listed as beta versions, but they work better and help with troubleshooting. (Use the latest one.) You can find them here:
                https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185551
                Last edited by Uncle Michael; October 26, 2017, 07:49 PM.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Still getting stoping working

i rebuilt the the entire system including a fresh copy of windows 7 i am Attaching the windows event errors from windows you will need to be on a windows pc to read it but it looks like the HUE plugin is the problem also below is the same info in a text version

Here is my system profile
                  Current Date/Time: 10/27/2017 4:37:39 PM
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station
                  System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 14 Minutes 41 Seconds
                  IP Address: 10.0.0.218
                  Number of Devices: 66
                  Number of Events: 1
                  Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.127.0: BLRadar
                  2.0.92.0: BLRF
                  2.0.1.0: JowiHue
                  3.0.0.36: X10

-
                  EventData

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated. Application ID: HS3.exe Process ID: 4856 Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException Message: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. StackTrace:

Next Error

Application: HS3.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException Stack: at System.TimeZoneInfo.GetDaylightTime(Int32, AdjustmentRule) at System.TimeZoneInfo.GetIsDaylightSavingsFromUtc(System.DateT ime, Int32, System.TimeSpan, AdjustmentRule, Boolean ByRef) at System.TimeZoneInfo.GetUtcOffsetFromUtc(System.DateTime, System.TimeZoneInfo, Boolean ByRef, Boolean ByRef) at System.DateTime.ToLocalTime(Boolean) at System.DateTime.FromFileTime(Int64) at System.Timers.ElapsedEventArgs..ctor(Int32, Int32) at System.Timers.Timer.MyTimerCallback(System.Object) at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Syste m.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threadi ng.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback() at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire() at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers() at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback()

Next Error

HS3.exe

59c917e9

KERNELBASE.dll

4a5bdbdf

e0434352

0000b727

12f8

01d34ed687410530

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HS3.exe

C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

3b373cba-bb51-11e7-8130-f4b7e2f8a944

Next Error

Application: HSPI_JowiHue.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException Stack: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messa ging.IMessage) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Syst em.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef, Int32) at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.WriteLog(System.String, System.String) at HSPI_JowiHue.utils.Log(System.String, LogLevel) at HSPI_JowiHue.HueTools.UpdateStatusTimer() at HSPI_JowiHue.HueTools+_Closure$__._Lambda$__R75-3(System.Object) at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Syste m.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threadi ng.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback() at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire() at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers() at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback()

Next Error

HSPI_JowiHue.exe

59e4c857

mscorlib.ni.dll

4ffa561c

c0000005

0032c882

01d34eda460bb9b8

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_JowiHue.exe

C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\mscorlib\51e2 934144ba15628ba5a31be2dae7dc\mscorlib.ni.dll

8073df14-bb51-11e7-8130-f4b7e2f8a944

HELP!!!!

Comment

It is the HS3 system going down, the JowiHue is getting issues because of that. We have seen this before. Are you using bitdefender by any chance? There is an issue when using Bitdefender with HS3 going down because of that.

Excluding HS3 and plugins from the bitdefender seems to help, maybe check the threads on that:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ht=bitdefender

Wim
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                    X