Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot remove phantom node

Hello everyone.

I recently noticed a unused node misbehaving and causing excessive z-wave traffic. I could not find the device in my spare storage so I went straight to the device in HS3, went to the Z-Wave tab and selected "Remove Bad Node"

It seemed to complete the remove operation without error messages.

The device was removed. None of my controllers list that node anymore. There are no events that reference that node.

But I still get z-wave traffic that references that node. I cannot figure out how to completely get rid of references to the now-gone node. Any ideas?

Here is the log traffic for the non existent node:

Oct-29 8:40:20 AM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 53 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY Frame(7)=64
    Oct-29 8:40:20 AM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 53 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY Frame(7)=3
    Oct-29 8:40:20 AM Z-Wave ApplicationCommandHandler from node 53 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY Frame(7)=129
    Oct-29 8:40:20 AM Z-Wave Z-Net - HI - Office: Sending to node 53 (Undefined) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY

I've got a couple of phantom nodes on my network as well. They show up in the neighbor lists of about half the nodes on the network but don't seem correspond to any z-wave hardware. The controller doesn't list them in the device list. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any info on how to get rid of them or even what they really are.

Comment

Working...
    X