Visible Alert if HS3 crashed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visible Alert if HS3 crashed?

So, i'm on the latest beta, and have had HS3 stop running completely on me over the last several weeks. Restart and all is good... and since this isn't remotely as bad as Vera was... i'm still ok working through the beta.

That said, when my wife comes downstairs in the morning and hits the "morning" button on the tablet and nothing happens - well, you can guess how happy she is when I come down usually 15 minutes later and find her drinking her morning java in the dark.

So it got me thinking....

Can I create a telltale sign that she sees and knows automatically if there is a problem. (like the HSM200 glowing RED vs. Green). I'm all into push notifications, etc.... but think a very visible 24/7 sign that things are good would be a nice touch for the WAF.

And then, assuming I can figure how to make that glow RED (or some other idea)... how do I create a super simple way for her to jump start it again. HS3 is currently running on a VM on my network, so I need some remote exe she can just click on to get things going again.

Ideas gurus?

What about creating a bat file to monitor homeseer, determine when it crashes, and automatically restart it?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ation-with-bat
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I did something sort of similar, bought a cheap Arduino Nano clone, a ring of LED's and 3D printed a little enclosure. Hid it behind my TV so it was not visible unless on and then in HS I have a recurring event that sends a single ASCII character to it by the serial port every thirty seconds. If it misses the ASCII character four times then I infer that HS has died and I light the LEDs red (they are RGB but I don't do anything with the other colours), I appreciate it is not a foolproof method but should tell me if there is issues with the event processing or serial ports so something must be amiss.

The latter point to turn it back on is not something I know much about but it would not be a huge stretch to implement a button on a similar device that ran an EXE on the computer.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X