Enrolling Schlage Lock doesn't set correct 'Control Use'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enrolling Schlage Lock doesn't set correct 'Control Use'

I just enrolled a Schlage lock, BE469. Everything went fine, but I noticed that in the Status Graphics tab, both the Lock and Unlock 'Control Use' were set to Unspecified. That didn't seem be a problem when controlling the device through HS3 page or HSTouch, but it makes it impossible for a 3rd party API to figure out how to control the device through the JSON API. It was easy enough to fix that, but it's not common for me to check those settings.

Anyone else notice that happening? I could understand if it was some weird device that HS3 wasn't aware of, requiring you to do a bit of additional configuration yourself, but that shouldn't be the case with common devices like this.

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
    I just enrolled a Schlage lock, BE469. Everything went fine, but I noticed that in the Status Graphics tab, both the Lock and Unlock 'Control Use' were set to Unspecified. That didn't seem be a problem when controlling the device through HS3 page or HSTouch, but it makes it impossible for a 3rd party API to figure out how to control the device through the JSON API. It was easy enough to fix that, but it's not common for me to check those settings.

Anyone else notice that happening? I could understand if it was some weird device that HS3 wasn't aware of, requiring you to do a bit of additional configuration yourself, but that shouldn't be the case with common devices like this.

This is a common problem with not only schlage locks. I had the same problem using imperihome on my kwiksets. In the Imperihome plugin forum there is alot of talk on this as its a common problem.

Comment

Working...
    X