Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll Z-wave devices on boot up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Poll Z-wave devices on boot up

    I have a Windows 10 PC I use as a server that runs HS3 as a scheduled task at startup, no login required. I notice that after a reboot my Yale YRD240 lock does not indicate valid configuration until HS3 polls it, or a lock/unlock action is performed. Is there a way I can force a Z-wave device poll on boot so it reports valid states?

  • #2
    I can just point you in a direction. Try a script using GetURL and modify this for your local HS3 URL :

    http://192.168.1.28:8080/deviceutility?polldevices=yes


    ~Bill

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by lifespeed View Post
      I have a Windows 10 PC I use as a server that runs HS3 as a scheduled task at startup, no login required. I notice that after a reboot my Yale YRD240 lock does not indicate valid configuration until HS3 polls it, or a lock/unlock action is performed. Is there a way I can force a Z-wave device poll on boot so it reports valid states?
      I poll mine from an event that is triggered from the startup.vb script. By running an event you can poll devices, run other events, set critical devices, etc. Here is a post where I explained it.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

      PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I poll mine from an event that is triggered from the startup.vb script. By running an event you can poll devices, run other events, set critical devices, etc. Here is a post where I explained it.
        Thanks for the example, I'll try to get it working this evening.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
          I can just point you in a direction. Try a script using GetURL and modify this for your local HS3 URL :

          http://192.168.1.28:8080/deviceutility?polldevices=yes
          Would this really work? I need this to poll my lutron devices at startup. But when i call this by a get url i see nothing so .. maybe it does not work if it is not manual?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

            Would this really work? I need this to poll my lutron devices at startup. But when i call this by a get url i see nothing so .. maybe it does not work if it is not manual?
            I gave up on Z-Wave so I cannot do try it but try this:

            Try this:
            Turn on some devices with the HomeSeer software.
            Shut down the HS software.
            Go manually turn off the devices.
            Modify your start up script by inserting a correctly formatted GetURL that contains your IP address and your port number.
            http://192.168​​​​​​​.1.28:8080/deviceutility?polldevices=yes
            Restart HomeSeer.
            See if those devices are shown as turned off.


            ~Bill

            Comment


            • #7
              Instead of doing it wth native hs3 get command. TI tried it with big 5 .



              But i still don't know if the polling is working :

              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post

                I gave up on Z-Wave so I cannot do try it but try this:

                Try this:
                Turn on some devices with the HomeSeer software.
                Shut down the HS software.
                Go manually turn off the devices.
                Modify your start up script by inserting a correctly formatted GetURL that contains your IP address and your port number.
                http://192.168​​​​​​​.1.28:8080/deviceutility?polldevices=yes
                Restart HomeSeer.
                See if those devices are shown as turned off.
                ok will try

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just tried it. It does not work.

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    MattL0 Bill Brower

                    FYI - You may find this useful. Here's how I handle polling of Z-Wave devices at startup . . .

                    1. In my Events, I have a folder called "Startup and Shutdown Events"

                    2. Within that folder, I have an event "Poll All ZWave". I have that set as a Manually Triggered event and set to also run at 4:00 am. That event runs the attached script PollZWave2.vb (see attached Zip file) which is placed in my Scripts folder (on Windows, that's located at; C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts). This script is set to "slow poll" your devices - that is, it only polls 2 devices per second so you don't flood the network with too many messages during startup and so you allow HomeSeer to get its other startup processing done.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Poll All ZWave.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1293873


                    3. I also have another event called "Startup Event". That event is also manually triggered and performs all of my Startup actions, among which is calling the "Poll All ZWave" event which it does first, -- it also performs several other startup checks that I want/need and sends me an email that HomeSeer has rebooted. I wait 1 minute after the start of polling before doing any of my other startup routines. For me, this is enough to make sure all the polling has finished.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Startup Event.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1293875


                    4. Finally, edit the HomeSeer startup script (which on Windows is Startup.vb and is located in the scripts directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts ), so that its last line (before "End Sub") reads hs.TriggerEvent("Startup Event") as shown in this image. That will run the "Startup Event" you created in #3 which in turn will call the polling event you created in #2.

                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	116.2 KB ID:	1293866

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X