Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which HS3 Files Should I Restore After Wiin 10 Reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which HS3 Files Should I Restore After Wiin 10 Reset?

I had to do a Windows 10 PC reset on my dedicated HS3 machine. Don't ask why

I copied my entire HS3 folder to a thumb drive first.

After I reinstall HS3 on the machine, which files do I need to copy back to the HS3 folder to restore all my devices, events, etc?

Thanks

Originally posted by EdinTexas View Post
    I had to do a Windows 10 PC reset on my dedicated HS3 machine. Don't ask why

I copied my entire HS3 folder to a thumb drive first.

After I reinstall HS3 on the machine, which files do I need to copy back to the HS3 folder to restore all my devices, events, etc?

Thanks
    I would just copy the whole folder over.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
      I would just copy the whole folder over.
      Won't that screw up the Windows Registry?

Comment

No that's what I did after I loaded the latest version of HS from the download page.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
          No that's what I did after I loaded the latest version of HS from the download page.
          Sonypoolplr,
          Did all your plugins, events and devices reinstall and work correctly after you copied the old HS3 folder or did you have to recreate/reinstall items?

Comment

I have done this in the Homeseer 2 days and continue to do it today in the Homeseer 3 world. (Linux works the same way).
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by EdinTexas View Post
              Sonypoolplr,
              Did all your plugins, events and devices reinstall and work correctly after you copied the old HS3 folder or did you have to recreate/reinstall items?
              Your installing the whole folder so everything should go back to the same as before.

Now if you have some weird manually installed plugins that are in another folder maybe those might have an issue. But normal plugins should be good.

Comment

Working...
              X