Need to downgrade from HS3 3.0.0.368 to previous release version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to downgrade from HS3 3.0.0.368 to previous release version

I am having huge issues, I suspect .368 is the issue. None of my TRVs (StellaZ) or my main thermostat (Secure SRT321) will take any setpoints any more. (I have posted about TRVs not taking setpoints in another thread) I would like to test if .368 is the issue, which I strongly suspect as I did not have issues before. Is there anywhere I can download the previous release version ?

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I am having huge issues, I suspect .368 is the issue. None of my TRVs (StellaZ) or my main thermostat (Secure SRT321) will take any setpoints any more. (I have posted about TRVs not taking setpoints in another thread) I would like to test if .368 is the issue, which I strongly suspect as I did not have issues before. Is there anywhere I can download the previous release version ?
    Mikee,
    I have similar experiences with .368 - very frustrating !!!
    I'm glad to have updates from all previous versions, don't you have these ?
    I don't think that it's easy possible to downgrade without backups, but
    I don't know.

Fischi

Comment

I have a backup, but unfortunately in this case I have done too many backups. All the backups I have a .368, I have done a lot of work on scripts and events so thought it was worth backing up frequently...

I have found a copy of .318 on my system, I might try and install over .368 with that and see what happens. I'll backup before...

It wont install as there is a newer version on my PC.

Beta .383 does not help with my TRV's and thermostat either
      Last edited by mikee123; November 9, 2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Does Windows still have a Restore to an earlier date function. If so do you have a restore point to where you were using .318. Try that and if it doesnt work you can always undo the restore. Don't attempt to restore .318 on top of .368. It will just corrupt your installation.

Comment

I dont have a restore point on that PC, so cant do that unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
            I dont have a restore point on that PC, so cant do that unfortunately
            Are you sure. I thought Windows creates one automatically when updates are installed. At least that's what I remember from my XP days.

Comment

Just checked, havent got it. I might have disables as I have a small SSD

Comment

If you have a backup of your system from an earlier version, you can copy a handful of files to revert.

Otherwise, if you have another computer you can install a trial version of an older version of HS3. Copy the files below, then uninstall.

Generally only the first two files are necessary, but to be sure, install them all, replacing the ones on your HS3 server. Shutdown HomeSeer before copying.
                • HS3.exe
                • scheduler.dll
                • hscf.dll
                • HomeSeerAPI.dll
                • interop.hsrecord2.dll
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  If you have a backup of your system from an earlier version, you can copy a handful of files to revert.

Otherwise, if you have another computer you can install a trial version of an older version of HS3. Copy the files below, then uninstall.

Generally only the first two files are necessary, but to be sure, install them all, replacing the ones on your HS3 server. Shutdown HomeSeer before copying.
                  • HS3.exe
                  • scheduler.dll
                  • hscf.dll
                  • HomeSeerAPI.dll
                  • interop.hsrecord2.dll
                  I do not have a backup with anything earlier than .368
                  So to see if I understand. Install a trial version of an older version on another PC. Then copy the files above over my current HS3 installation.
                  That should be easy enough. What was the last release version before .368 ? I have a .318 install file, but would like to install the newest before .368, is there a place where I could download it ?

Comment

I was running V397 and V318 before V368 here.

Just shut down Homeseer, back up the homeseer directory and install V.318 (or any Homeseer version) over your current installation.

If you want then do the same to upgrade to another version before V.368.

As long as you have a backup of your current directory a re installation of older versions of Homeseer 3 should not matter.

Here are the versions to download:

hxxps://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_318.msi
                    hxxps://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_297.msi
                    hxxps://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_XXX.msi

Just change the xx for tt above and change the xxx to whatever version you want.

Note that I do not know at this time if Windows will let you install an older version of Homeseer over a newer version of Homeseer.

If that is the case then start with V.318 back up and check to make sure it is working right then upgrade from there.
                    Last edited by Pete; November 10, 2017, 05:41 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Windows will not let me install 318 over 368. But I can install 318 on another PC, then copy the 5 files

HS3.exe
                      scheduler.dll
                      hscf.dll
                      HomeSeerAPI.dll
                      interop.hsrecord2.dll

over my 368 installation. Hopefully that will then keep all my events and scripts working, with a 318 'engine'. Then I hope I can control my heating again... And in future I will keep a backup of all working HS3 final releases so I can go back...
                      I have a few backups, but unfortunately none earlier than 368. Also I have installed a few more plugins, changed and created events and so on since upgrading to 368, it would be a lot of work to redo all that when downgrading.
                      I hope rpade's process will enable me to downgrade and not loose anything... fingers crossed. Will try when I get back from work tonight

Comment

Understood.

You are in a bit of a pickle.

Here the Thermostat automation is very high on the WAF. Years ago this did almost shut down my automation endeavors. Today the thermostat while connected to Homeseer is really not touched much; rather it is looked at to make sure it is working. Over the last few weeks here have changed over from AC to Heat. I do 3 types of temperature sensors (and humidity) relating to the thermostat. IE: direct connect aux temperatures inside and outside sensor, in direct on the same bus temperature and humidity sensors and indirect sensors via Homeseer 3. I let the thermostat automagically configure itself based on the direct connect sensors and use Homeseer to check but not really control the thermostat. (this is a WAF thing). Heating and cooling here is forced air and one combination unit which cools and heats. Outside there is a compressor configured for just cooling. Cooling is electric related and heating is natural gas related (one combination device).

The thermostat connects to the combo device and controls either heating or cooling depending on the season.

Note too that the thermostat functions on it's own with no dependencies on the automation or with the automation connections. (sort of analog).

There is a firmware switch on the display of the thermostat that disconnects the automation wires and lets thermostat function on it's own brain.

Here have sort of standardized on: (note that the auto magic directory back ups take less than 3 minutes when they are done).

1 - scheduled directory back up
                        2 - once a month drive image
                        3 - static real time back up right before any upgrades (Homeseer 3 or plugins).

Most important here are Homeseer 3 directory backups.

My HS3 lite directory is around 200Mb and my HS3 Pro directory is around 800Mb.
                        Last edited by Pete; November 10, 2017, 06:41 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have copied over the 5 files. In the startup log I have this error:

10/11/2017 16:03:48 ~!~Error~!~DeSerializing object (byte): Unable to load type Scheduler.Classes.TrigComparer required for deserialization. Source=mscorlib

Not sure what this is about, I am running a few tests now on my TRV's to see if they work again...

OK TRV's and main thermostat are working again. So it is 100% .368 which has caused the issues. But if anybody knows what that error is and how to possibly fix it as I'm sure it'll cause some issue down the line...

I have lost about 40 events. I could see in teh startup log that they could not be loaded, after the reboot the errors have gone but so have the events...
                          Last edited by mikee123; November 10, 2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X