Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3/HS4 - Feature Wishlist - Category - Event Groups and Events

Hello,

I was messing with some events tonight (disabling a few) and realized that a few features would help considerably for those of us that have hundreds of events. Even if they would only appear in an HS4 release, I feel they are worth mentioning.

Here's my wishlist for the Event Groups Listing and Events:
    1. Display Filter Selection for Enabled Events and Disabled Events (Global List).
    2. Change the Color of the Event Name under the Event Group to Green if it's enabled and Black if it's disabled instead of all Blue so you do not have to expand the list of Events in an Event Group to identify their status.
    3. Based on the colors mention above, add Red for Event name for Events that are broken via some validation against missing or changed devices or information.
    4. Ability to Enable/Disable an entire named group of Events.

Does anybody have any other ideas or thought on this?

-Travis

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177266

Comment

Totally agree. The inability to properly document events seems to be a serious flaw that becomes readily apparent if HS3 is used fully. It is so obvious that it seems intentional unless I'm missing something.

Comment

I have posted this in another thread, but it makes sense to have it all in one thread so copying it on here too

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191668

Feature request - subdirectories for events, improved event search

Its good to have events in categories. But with now more than 400 events its all getting a bit big to scroll through. If we had subdirectories like we have in windows (one additional level would help immensely) it would making sorting by categories a lot better imo
        Also a search for an event by string could make finding specific events a lot easier, the more events I have the more time I spend trying to find a specific event

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
          Hello,

I was messing with some events tonight (disabling a few) and realized that a few features would help considerably for those of us that have hundreds of events. Even if they would only appear in an HS4 release, I feel they are worth mentioning.

Here's my wishlist for the Event Groups Listing and Events:
          1. Display Filter Selection for Enabled Events and Disabled Events (Global List).
          2. Change the Color of the Event Name under the Event Group to Green if it's enabled and Black if it's disabled instead of all Blue so you do not have to expand the list of Events in an Event Group to identify their status.
          3. Based on the colors mention above, add Red for Event name for Events that are broken via some validation against missing or changed devices or information.
          4. Ability to Enable/Disable an entire named group of Events.

Does anybody have any other ideas or thought on this?

-Travis

Highlighting broken events would vastly improve reliability, depending on the accuracy of the validation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by chuckk9032 View Post
            Totally agree. The inability to properly document events seems to be a serious flaw that becomes readily apparent if HS3 is used fully. It is so obvious that it seems intentional unless I'm missing something.
            Each event has a text box where you can document the event.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...76&postcount=3
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes, I understand that notes can be associated with events, but by documenting, I mean the ability print or save in a printable format a list of all events and their details.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckk9032 View Post
                Yes, I understand that notes can be associated with events, but by documenting, I mean the ability print or save in a printable format a list of all events and their details.
                I understand. This has been requested for years. We have been asking for these since 2014
                1. A way to print all or a filtered list of events showing the Triggers, Conditions and Actions of each event
                2. Subcategories for events, with group conditions and group actions applicable on subcategories
                3. A way to filter on broken events, where a device or a plug-in might have been deleted affecting a Trigger, Condition or Action.

A way to filter events based on whether they are disabled or not and disabling an entire category would be nice additions to the wish list.

Comment

Totally agree.

Comment

Hi,
                    I've also asked in the past to include an icon on the events page to show if it is disabled.
                    The "last run" line is black if enabled and red if disabled. When I asked tech support about showing a disabled icon they did not know about this feature. But I couldn't see it as I am red green color blind. And you'll find that most of the users of Hs are male and that also most of the people that are color blind are male.

Stuart

Comment

Not sure when Homeseer 4 will be available.

Jon00 has a script/plugin called Jon00 Event List Viewer for Homeseer 3 posted over here ==> Jon00's plugins and scripts
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Jon00's script does a great job. It has enabled me to quickly find a number of "broken" events and fix them quickly. He's done us all a great service.

Comment

Just to clarify this a bit, the webpage/script referred to by Pete ('Jon00 Event List Viewer') was written several years ago and provides some basic event details in a list.

The webpage/script which has been referred to by Chuck is a new release ('Jon00 Event Viewer & Documenter') which allows viewing of every detail of an event including triggers/conditions etc. It has full search capabilities including the discovery of broken events and full export to CSV. Full details here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193409
                          Jon

Comment

Maybe a feature request, or maybe it exists and I don't know about it.

1. Disable/Enable All or groups of events.

I would like to be able to disable all events during a full optimize and then re-enable after it's complete. Or if I'm doing some work (playing) as I'm doing now learning HS to disable a group during testing.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                              Maybe a feature request, or maybe it exists and I don't know about it.

1. Disable/Enable All or groups of events.

I would like to be able to disable all events during a full optimize and then re-enable after it's complete. Or if I'm doing some work (playing) as I'm doing now learning HS to disable a group during testing.
                              Under Setup>General>Other Settings you can disable all event processing by deselecting “Enable Event Processing”. It would s all or none, not per group.

Comment

Working...
                              X