Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Flood Sensor

Not sure where to ask this, because there is no subcategory

I have the flood sensors (bought from homeseer).

I installed one for testing, and although it is working, the battery has been depleting at around 1% / day.

I have not increased, and have only decreased the wake intervals

Application status 2hrs
    Leak Sensor Notification 20 minutes
    Home Security 5 hrs
    general Purpose 1h 20 minutes
    Water Leak Alarm 1h
    Temperature 1h 30 minutes

I can try to make all teh values the same - maybe one wake up for all? Has anyone else used the device, and what should the expected life expectancy be.

I would be happy with once every 1-2 hours - verifiying that the device is alive, as long as I get delay free water leak notification.

Thanks

There are two versions and I have the older one. The battery voltage dropped within days to 63% (not sure the actual voltage) and has stayed there for almost a month.

That's a lot better than the Aeotec that would be on a second set of batteries by now.

Comment

I have a "new" version of the Fibaro sensor and noticed the same. However it has been stuck at around 4% now of the last two weeks, so I believe there is some error there.

As for battery life, I connected my Fibaro flood sensor to an external 12VDC power supply wall adapter. It seems to be working well with this.

Comment

I have 5 in all - maybe I should not have bought them before testing one. In any case, I installed x 3 and will see what the battery voltages are reported as - I will read the battery voltage with a voltmeter to see if the % correlates relatively with expectations.

Comment

One thing I just thought of was that I really slowed down the reporting intervals on the Fibaro sensor when I had it battery powered.

The sensor will always wake up and report a water detection, so I could care less if I did not hear from the sensor very often.

Comment

Working...
          X