Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Shuts itself off every couple of days

Hey everyone.

I've been daeling with an issue where my HS3 shutsitself off every 2 or 3 days. For the last year or so, I have dealt with this by simply rebooting my server daily, but this sometimes causes other issues, so I'm trying to take the bandaid off and figure out whats happening.

HS3 (V.3.0.0.368 ) running on WHS 2011 (SP1 6.1.7601). HS3 runs as a task on boot.

I have disabled the daily reboot and sure enough, every couple of days HS3 shuts down. The log entry is the same everytime:

HS3 Log:
    Code:
    Nov-27 8:08:48 AM	 	Warning	Request from UI to shutdown
    I then examine my servers event logs and have found out that everytime this happens, at the same second or the second before, my dropbox service throws an error:

Windows Log:
    Code:
    Log Name:      Application
    Source:        DbxSvc
    Date:          11/27/2017 8:08:48 AM
    Event ID:      320
    Task Category: (3)
    Level:         Information
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      **********
    Description:
    Failed to connect to the driver: (-2147024894) The system cannot find the file specified. , retrying...

And again last night:

HS3 Log:
    Code:
    Nov-30 4:46:07 PM	 	Warning	Request from UI to shutdown
    Windows Log:
    Code:
    Log Name:      Application
    Source:        DbxSvc
    Date:          11/30/2017 4:46:06 PM
    Event ID:      320
    Task Category: (3)
    Level:         Information
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      ************
    Description:
    Failed to connect to the driver: (-2147024894) The system cannot find the file specified. , retrying...

According to the dropbox team, this error is not being addressed. I have reached out to support as well, but have not heard back yet.

So, I don't think this is a HS3 bug at all, but I'm wondering why the Dropbox error only effects HS3. All of my other programs and services stay up when this error happens and HS3 shuts down.

Not that I want to replace one bandaid with another, but is it there any setting or configuration that will allow HS3 to ignore shutdown requests like these?

Any advice on what else I could do would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Maybe quit running Dropbox? Rebooting your HS3 server is a band aid fix.

I googled the Dropbox error above and it went to a phishing web site looking to repair error with their installation of wares.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

If you are starting HomeSeer from a scheduled task, look at the Settings tab in Task Scheduler. Be sure that the checkbox is unchecked for "Stop the task if it runs longer than:".

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Maybe quit running Dropbox? Rebooting your HS3 server is a band aid fix.

I googled the Dropbox error above and it went to a phishing web site looking to repair error with their installation of wares.
        Yikes! I was hoping to find a solution from dropbox, or maybe find out how to make homeseer as robust during these errors as the other programs running on the server. Thanks for taking a look!

I'm considering ditching dropbox (I tried box and google drive before, but they didn't work with my server in some way or another), but want to try a few things first.

I've noticed that there are 3 scheduled tasks for dropbox in my task scheduler:
        DROPBOX
        DropboxUpdateTaskMachineCore
        DropboxUpdateTaskMachineCore

I've disabled the last two and rebooted the system. Dopbox is still running and syncing my blueiris trigger photos, but I'm wondering if disabling these will eventually break dropbox, or if it will even affect the HS3 UI shutdown problem.

I'm going to keep experimenting, but it takes several days to see if any changes affect the crash. Once I learn more about this, I will update the thread for future dropboxers.

Originally posted by regm View Post
        If you are starting HomeSeer from a scheduled task, look at the Settings tab in Task Scheduler. Be sure that the checkbox is unchecked for "Stop the task if it runs longer than:".
        Yup, that is always unchecked for my scheduled programs. Just double checked to be sure.

Comment

Working...
        X