Scripting: Zee S2 settings.ini updates lost every restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scripting: Zee S2 settings.ini updates lost every restart

I've written a vb script using Newtonsoft.Json that runs fine under tenScripting3 but when I move it to the scripts directory on the Zee S2 it fails to compile with "Compiling script /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/BEBScripts.vb: The import 'Newtonsoft.Json' could not be found."

I added "ScriptingReferences=System.XML;System.XML.dll,System.Data;S ystem.Data.Dll,System.Web;System.Web.dll,System.Web.DataVisu alization;System.Web.DataVisualization.dll,System.Drawing;Sy stem.Drawing.dll;Newtonsoft.Json;bin\homeseer\Newtonsoft.Jso n.dll" to settings.ini in the Config folder but that did not change the message.

I then copied the Newtonsoft.Json.dll to the homeseer directory and took the path off that configuration line but still get the same message.

Then when I restarted homeseer on the Zee I saw that the changes to settings.ini have been lost. No ScriptingReferences line is there at all, even though WinSCP definitely shows me the updated version before I restart. Every time I restart homeseer the ScriptingReferences line is removed from settings.ini.

I'm now suspecting the problem is actually that I'm somehow not updating the settings.ini file correctly.

Any ideas?

Try shutting down HomeSeer before editing the INI file and see if that helps.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks, good thought but I haven't found any way to do that on a Zee since the "Shutdown" command shuts down the whole box, not just the Homeseer app. If there is a way to stop Homeseer without losing access to the linux host I'll give that a try.

Nevermind, I must have had my eyes closed. I do see "Shutdown Homeseer" in the menu. I'll try that now.

Comment

Good news and welcome to the Homeseer forum Bruce.

You can do everything relating to the Zee without a monitor or keyboard or mouse connected to it.

Here personally just run the Zee headless.

Relating to Windows you can install

1 - Putty for remote SSH to the Zee
        2 - WinSCP for an explorer like interface to the Zee (you can edit, copy files et al)

You can also install a program called Webmin on the Zee to manage and upgrade the OS whenever you want. Webmin is a GUI interface that has been around for ages.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the guidance. I'm just getting started. I'm used to developing on Windows but it has been a long time since I did any work on Linux.

Comment

Working...
          X