Ecolink Motion Stopped Reporting / Responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecolink Motion Stopped Reporting / Responding

MESSAGE BOARD (copy/paste section below to message board posts)

Current Date/Time: 12/15/2017 7:11:04 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
    System Uptime: 3 Days 16 Hours 48 Minutes 27 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.155
    Number of Devices: 18
    Number of Events: 7
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.131.0: BLRadar
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

---------------

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but didn't see a better place - please let me know and I can re-post of admin can move as needed.

I bought this Ecolink Motion Sensor (Model: PIRZWAVE2.5-ECO) from Amazon about a few months back. Hadn't really used it initially, but finally added it last month. I only have this device and a couple of socket controls for our X-mas lighting right now.

When first added, the motion sensor would report and update in my web client. But it stopped reporting a couple of weeks back (see screen shot). At that time I was reviewing the jumper settings and had taken the back off - maybe the battery too (don't recall if I removed it or not), but I thought it was working since then (though maybe not).

Now I'm thinking that it may have stopped working after removing the cover, but I can't be sure. All I can tell now is that it's not working now.

Any idea why it may have stopped working? I don't have any experience with any other Ecolink product, so not sure if removing the cover (or battery) would cause this behavior. I'd like to get it working again if there's something easy that will do so.

---------------

I'm also wondering something else on the child devices. I've attached a picture of these items. What are the differences between:

> Home Security
    > Sensor Binary Motion

It seems both are motion related and update when motion passes in front of sensor. What are good use cases for one versus the other?

Similar question between Battery and Power Management Notification items. What is the difference and what would you use these for?

Thanks,
    Dave

EDIT:
    I noticed today that the Z-Wave Node Information looks odd. Nodes 1 and 3 are overlapping. 3 and 5 are the same device, but are represented differently. Could be the cause of my issue? Notice that Node 1 and 3 are "together" (technical term). I'm not sure what that is? Any way to update this? I could try to restart the machine, but I *think* I have done this in the last couple of weeks (could be wrong).

I also see node 6 isn't complete. I have no idea what happened with these devices.

I'm open to any suggestions or ideas. I'm wondering if these weird things are the cause for why node 1 is no longer communicating?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NetworkGuy; December 16, 2017, 03:48 AM. Reason: Add system information to top of thread

I finally decided to REMOVE my Z-Wave network from my system. That and to DELETE my network settings. Found that it kept all my events, but I had to redo my triggers and conditions. But in the end, my motion sensor does work.

The only caveat I forgot about was to first REMOVE all Z-Wave devices before deleting my network. Found I could not add my devices back into my new Z-Wave network. However, I realized something I hadn't before. I was able to REMOVE the devices first, even though they did not belong to my new network. Not sure why that worked, but it did. Once removed, I was able to add each device into my new Z-Wave network.

Now working on my events again to get them working the way I need.

Comment

Working...
    X